➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Goooood morning crusty crew.

Kiki, I should’ve bought the grandma shoes. :hit I’ve got blisters from my damn converse.
I’m currently wearing toms with fluff from the dogs’ stuffed animal squished in to cushion my poor toes.
:gig

Ok I'm beginning to go play catch up. Just going to start with this morning. Tes, this already has me cracking up!

That depends on you. The only way you'll get out of this hole is by sheer damn willpower.
Trust me, I know exactly where you're coming from. I also know you're probably thinking I don't and wouldn't say that if I really did know. Maybe therapists and meds and encouragement can shove some dirt down in your hole to make it easier to climb out of, but they can't fill it in completely. That effort only comes from you.
I don't expect you to get up tomorrow and be normal. It's not a switch, it's a slow, painful process. Did I mention painful? Because it is. I can't say anything that would be helpful. I know what I've already said will bounce off as well. That's okay. I'm just hoping you'll remember it when, from meds or not, you manage to lay your hands on the tiniest shred of willpower and resolve to do just one thing with it, even though the pain hasn't changed and you still don't have the energy.

You said your sleeping issues were the root of it. I agree with that, but I also saw several patterns in the way you described why it was causing depression (I forget where this was) that makes me think you're also dealing with underlying anxiety. Of course, that's just the impression I got from one single post. (I also think that dividing mental issues up into tidy little piles doesn't work. Basically, something goes wrong and makes your mind hit the klaxons, which makes EVERYTHING go wrong.)

I'm glad you have a few appointments scheduled, though. Hopefully you'll be able to see a doctor.

I didn't think you would. :lol:

I hear you there as well. School bored me to tears for a long time and I was failing in a lot of subjects because I couldn't be bothered to do the assignments. Getting my hands on some college textbooks changed that. Suddenly, they were talking about interesting things, and they gave me the answers to the questions I didn't even know I had. I got through high school that way; by taking my boring work to the library's reference section to make it into something cool.

I think you should take just one class at a community college. I'm not up to date on what the prices are now, but it shouldn't be that expensive. Feelings lie, by the way.

It'll be a barrier. But not an impossible one. Maybe make a friend there so they can give you a sheet of notes for the classes you do end up sleeping through.
:bow:goodpost::highfive:

Don't knock it until you try it. Swedes pay money for saunas. All we have to do is step outside. Or wait for the AC to break...

Cold hurts in your bones. Indiana for 4 years.
Dry heat makes your throat crack. California for 4 years. Also, 50°F at night and 100°F after noon. Wear a coat to leave and carry it home. Mountains are pretty to look at.

Alabama, Louisiana and Texas - Ah, the comforts of home. Mild winters (little to no snow or ice). 3 growing seasons. Green! Oh! we have green year round!

The bananas are almost ripe.

Been there, done that.
I am not a swede nor will I ever give out any of my hard-earned money to pay for a trip to a sauna.

Humid cold hurts the bones very badly. Dry cold does not feel anywhere near as cold as it actually is and has not made my bones hurt.
I agree. Humid cold is awful for man and beast.

Back
Top Bottom