➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

@The Farmers' Daughter How's the house?
Are y'all settled in now?
Kinda sorta. Lots of finishing work to do. I've been putting off working on trying to get the gunk off of the kitchen cabinet doors. I've got two more things I'm going to try, and if they don't work I'm just going to paint them instead of stain. Next project will be the brick backsplashes.

image.jpeg

Kinda sorta. Lots of finishing work to do. I've been putting off working on trying to get the gunk off of the kitchen cabinet doors. I've got two more things I'm going to try, and if they don't work I'm just going to paint them instead of stain. Next project will be the brick backsplashes.
Let us know what didn't work
And what does, if you have luck.
I need to do mine. I have heard dawn dish

Let us know what didn't work
And what does, if you have luck.
I need to do mine. I have heard dawn dish
Nothing has worked so far. 80 years worth of paint layered on (almost all oil). Sandpaper didn't even leave a mark. Stripper didn't do a thing. A heat gun worked, but the bottom layer just became a goo that spread really thinly over everything. I was able to sand the goo off of the framework & drawers, but it's not coming off of the doors. Next attempt will be a paint remover disk that I can use with my drill. I also got a wire brush for the drill.

Back
Top Bottom