➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Yesterday started out to be such a decent day then nosedived. Hubby was on the phone with our daughter, pacing back and forth on our porch (is more of a deck/platform in progress. We aren’t finished with it yet. No railing up yet.) Wasn’t paying attention and fell off our porch. Was about a 9 ft drop. Landed on his right side and back. Scared the crap out of him. Once he was able to finally breathe, he yelled for help. We couldn’t hear him in the house. He called us with his cell phone. Came running out. I’m freaked out now, obviously. He doesn’t want me to call an ambulance. He’s fine, just help him up. I’m like, you’re running on adrenaline, you’re not fine! My son and I help him up and he is able to walk. Get him in the house and once the adrenaline starts to wear off he is in a lot of pain. Says it hurts to breathe. Oh no! I’m like, ok if you won’t go to the hospital, fine! But you are going to an urgent care clinic. So I drive him to one. He fractured his 6th rib and is banged up pretty good. Is still in a lot of pain. Places that weren’t sore at first were starting to get sore. I am hoping that is all it is. Now I have to continue to pressure him to take deep breaths to make sure he doesn’t get pneumonia. But I am grateful that he didn’t land REALLY wrong and the outcome is worse. He’s alive and he will get better. This just sucks because I can only do so much for him. Here’s to hoping for an uneventful day or few. I’m emotionally exhausted! :fl

Yesterday started out to be such a decent day then nosedived. Hubby was on the phone with our daughter, pacing back and forth on our porch (is more of a deck/platform in progress. We aren’t finished with it yet. No railing up yet.) Wasn’t paying attention and fell off our porch. Was about a 9 ft drop. Landed on his right side and back. Scared the crap out of him. Once he was able to finally breathe, he yelled for help. We couldn’t hear him in the house. He called us with his cell phone. Came running out. I’m freaked out now, obviously. He doesn’t want me to call an ambulance. He’s fine, just help him up. I’m like, you’re running on adrenaline, you’re not fine! My son and I help him up and he is able to walk. Get him in the house and once the adrenaline starts to wear off he is in a lot of pain. Says it hurts to breathe. Oh no! I’m like, ok if you won’t go to the hospital, fine! But you are going to an urgent care clinic. So I drive him to one. He fractured his 6th rib and is banged up pretty good. Is still in a lot of pain. Places that weren’t sore at first were starting to get sore. I am hoping that is all it is. Now I have to continue to pressure him to take deep breaths to make sure he doesn’t get pneumonia. But I am grateful that he didn’t land REALLY wrong and the outcome is worse. He’s alive and he will get better. This just sucks because I can only do so much for him. Here’s to hoping for an uneventful day or few. I’m emotionally exhausted! :fl
OH no
Prayers for Swift healing

Been away for a bit. On here, off and on. I am no where near caught up. I am so far behind that I probably won't be able to. I will try. I had my knee surgery. Everything went smooth and I have been healing nicely. I already had my post op appointment and my Dr told me that the spot where I had bone missing, it looked like someone took something and just gouged a groove in my knee. That is so weird to me. I have no clue what the heck I had done to cause that kind of damage. It still gets achy if I try to do too much so nothing more strenuous than walking for me. I am supposed to have another followup in about 6 weeks to have an x-ray taken to make sure the bone is healing. This virus crap is a pita! At first it was eh, because I couldn't go anywhere or do anything anyway. Now it's like, ok, come on and get it over with! I am sure we are all feeling that way. My son leaves for Boot Camp in 4 days. Family gathering before he leaves is affected. We would normally gather at a house and cook out and visit or all meet at a restaurant or something. But nope. Stupid virus! We won't be able to see him graduate and officially swear in. I am hoping some kind of streaming to view it will be available but my hubby is saying nope. So I don't know. He more than likely, as of right at this moment anyway, won't get liberty after Boot Camp. That is a week to visit with family and/or friends after graduating and before you head off for schooling. He was told, if they don't get that break before schooling, then after schooling he definitely will get one. Part of me tells myself, ya know, if will probably be good for him. Sometimes cutting that cord is the right thing to do. But it isn't making me feel any better. I'm whiny and pissy and emotional and kind of downright angry that I am being robbed of being able to be a part in this important moment, all because of a stupid virus! If that makes sense. Did I mention that I am emotional? :barnie

Anyway, I am so sorry for those having struggles and emotional trials of their own. :hugs I know I am not the only one going through stuff. :hugs

Kiki, I am so proud of you conquering the addiction of smoking! Not only have you done that, but you have been so transparent, the good, the bad and the ugly sides of it, on your journey. It is an inspiration to so many to try to do the same and is truly something to be proud of. :celebrate:highfive:
:hugs :hugsFeeling frustrated is certainly valid right now! Congrats to your son!
Just makes the future get togethers more special!

So sorry to hear this. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Hubbies don't make the best patients either. So praying for healing and patience.

Something to, hopefully, make you smile. I needed this today. I think they are absolutely adorable in their makeshift skirts/tutus! :love

91784749_10158444531424114_5825167816038285312_n.jpg
91686239_10158444530624114_5038592028049408000_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom