➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Crabapple blossom
full

The past two days we have worked in the garden and have planted all but one flat of tomatoes (18 pots), set out peppers, squash and cucumbers, gased the gophers, and mowed both yards and the garden. Looks like the late frosts got every I g except the apples.
Today, will plant the last tray of tomatoes, clean out the 16 x20 bed to plant more okra and move compost to the garden to mulch all the tomatoes, etc. Then pick Sugar snap peas again.
I have eggs to move to a hatcher tray for a June 4 hatch.

Tomorrow I will go visit my sister. Her husband is quickly succumbing to the cancer. He is on heavy doses of morphine for the pain. She said he is sleeping 20 of 24 hours a day now.
His doctor made a home visit and they had a good visit...she really likes Milo and just wanted to see him. She was sorry to see how quickly the cancer has progressed. Hospice has been very supportive. Please continue to pray that he does not suffer and for strength for my sister.
BBL

The past two days we have worked in the garden and have planted all but one flat of tomatoes (18 pots), set out peppers, squash and cucumbers, gased the gophers, and mowed both yards and the garden. Looks like the late frosts got every I g except the apples.
Today, will plant the last tray of tomatoes, clean out the 16 x20 bed to plant more okra and move compost to the garden to mulch all the tomatoes, etc. Then pick Sugar snap peas again.

Tomorrow I will go visit my sister. Her husband is quickly succumbing to the cancer. He is on heavy doses of morphine for the pain. She said he is sleeping 20 of 24 hours a day now.
His doctor made a home visit and they had a good visit...she really likes Milo and just wanted to see him. She was sorry to see how quickly the cancer has progressed. Hospice has been very supportive. Please continue to pray that he does not suffer and for strength for my sister.
BBL
:hugs praying for comfort

BBL
Y'all are continually in my prayers. :hugs :hugs:hugs

BBL
:hugs

Hi guys, its a beautiful day here.

I sold 3 Cornish cockerels to the guy that helped me butcher my pigs this past fall. He has my cull Cornish hens from last year and some hatchery bantam Cornish. He's currently breeding the cull hens to his NN roo. He wants to breed NN Cornish. :lau They'll look so funny.

Sadly, I think it is about time to put my Dark Cornish rooster, HAL (Hop-a-long), out of his misery. He was severely maimed by a homicidal Cochin cockerel I had about a year ago. His two brothers didn't make it, he barely did. He recovered enough that I decided not to cull him since he was my top pick for a breeding rooster before he was injured. Now, he's in obvious pain a lot of the time now. This morning, I thought he was dead. He was laying in the shadow of his coop, with his eyes closed and his head on the ground. I can actually walk up to him and pick him up without chasing him or having him fight at all. As it gets warmer, he is doing worse. Thankfully, I only needed to get cockerels off him and this year only. So far, I have at least 4-5 known Dark cockerels off of him that doesn't include the one chick from him that is too young to tell and the eggs in the incubators. I also have all my Jubilees (chicks from him over a white hen) from him too. I think I'll probably put him down later this week and then set any eggs I get from his girls for the next 2 weeks. He did good.

My FIL just found a HUGE clutch of guinea eggs in our back yard, 25 eggs. I'm going to stick all of them in the incubator tonight.

BBL
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom