➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

My beach flower vine thing.
IMG_20200602_125116.jpg
IMG_20200602_125108.jpg

Nope, I read that it can also have a licorice taste. Neither flavor is a favorite of mine which means if they are correct, it would not appeal to me.

Of the many "edible" wild plants, the only one that I have found so far to be worth eating is Lamb's Quarter. Young tender leaves have a slight lemony flavor. I eat them as picked but imagine they would be a good salad addition. Purslane is vile and disgusting.
Hubby's grandmother turned us on to Lamb's Quarter. We have both steamed it as a spring green and added it to salads. Granny said her Choctaw Indian mother would sauté it with buffalo or deer fat and wild strawberries.

Thank you.
Is that one from your hives?

I love the emerald green color! You’re going to get me fascinated on bees now.

I got stung by a fuzzy caterpillar the other day. I was in the garden and it crawled up my pants. I went to go brush dirt off my arm onto my pants and squashed it. It burned like crazy now I have blisters on my leg. I felt bad because I killed it without even knowing it was there.

Is that one from your hives?

I love the emerald green color! You’re going to get me fascinated on bees now.

I got stung by a fuzzy caterpillar the other day. I was in the garden and it crawled up my pants. I went to go brush dirt off my arm onto my pants and squashed it. It burned like crazy now I have blisters on my leg. I felt bad because I killed it without even knowing it was there.
Emerald bees are not honey bees.

Lots of caterpillars have toxic properties in their bodies. My guineas will not even touch the woolly worm caterpillars.

Back
Top Bottom