➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

It is hotter than blazes here even with two nice rain showers over this past. Crazy hens are going broody like crazy. They can get off their nests for a few hours during the day time and the eggs they are brooding don't cool down!
Since I don't need any more chicks I've decided to pull those eggs and give them fake eggs. That way I'll know what fresh eggs were laid by visiting hens and collect those.
I have two 10 hole nest boxes...one in the hen house and the other in the brooder room. The broodies have taken over 8 of the nests in the henhouse.
The nest box in the brooder room has a swamp cooler so the pullets are beginning to lay there along with some of the older hens.

@Kiki must be rereading this thread...she liked two of my comments on page 406!
I am keeping an eye on where Muddy is reading and I am actually reading along with her.
Some of this stuff was hilarious back then.

I’m hoping next semester they’ll have that Poultry Diseases class available again
There's your line. You walk in and say, "I was wondering when the poultry diseases class would be offered next? I'm very interested in poultry science and want to be sure to get in that class." Maybe it starts something great, maybe you just get an answer (that you wanted anyway!) Easy peasy.

I used to work a marketing job where I had to waltz into places uninvited all the time. You get used to it like you get used to performing on stage. It's never comfortable but eventually you learn that nothing awful actually happens. And sometimes it's even fun. I once opened a door to find a group of people standing around drinking beer and eating mixed nuts. It was 4PM on a Thursday. I forgot all about why I was there and asked about getting a job there instead. :lol:
What happened to @debid ??

It is hotter than blazes here even with two nice rain showers over this past. Crazy hens are going broody like crazy. They can get off their nests for a few hours during the day time and the eggs they are brooding don't cool down!
Since I don't need any more chicks I've decided to pull those eggs and give them fake eggs. That way I'll know what fresh eggs were laid by visiting hens and collect those.
I have two 10 hole nest boxes...one in the hen house and the other in the brooder room. The broodies have taken over 8 of the nests in the henhouse.
The nest box in the brooder room has a swamp cooler so the pullets are beginning to lay there along with some of the older hens.
It's hard on a broody, they loose weight and muscle tone. Most people break them or let them hatch

Back
Top Bottom