⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Seriously????
I though you were supposed to wait until they were at least 6 months old
You are and now there’s lots saying even later than that too especially for large/giant dogs but rescues don’t want people breeding them and I guess don’t trust them not to so they fix them as babies. 🙄 plus to be transported up, most of the transport companies require them to be fixed. I wouldn’t think that would apply to little puppies and kittens who can’t even breed yet but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

it’s extremely rare to find a frenchie under 1500.00 and most are 3000+ i was only able to get Hawg for under 1000 because they had 2 abnormally large litter sizes in a row and all of the breeding stock at the time was standard colors and average bloodline/genetics. same breeder now starts upwards of $2500 for puppies. English bulldogs are typically a bit less than frenchies but not much difference in price range. one of the main reasons for high price is veterinary intervention with every litter. ie ultrasounds and c-sections.
Yeah, they often need that and plus some can’t even breed naturally anymore I think and need to be artificially inseminated which adds to the cost too. Not to mention the fact that most small dogs usually have small litters. Plus health testing the parents and the cost of shows, etc. especially if they are using a professional handler. It all adds up and definitely is not cheap. Even most of the larger breeds are in the $1500-$3500 range now. Showing and health testing is crazy expensive. Although when I finally get one, I’m going to look in the country areas cause it’s still pretty cheap out there :lau or just get a farm bred BC or something 😂🤣

our vet told us 4 months on male to prevent leg hiking, and 5 months female???
:eek: it might be different for smaller dogs maybe but they can have health problems if done too early so for some breeds, they recommend waiting till a year old or even 18-24 months for most of the giant breeds since they take so long to grow and mature.

:eek: it might be different for smaller dogs maybe but they can have health problems if done too early so for some breeds, they recommend waiting till a year old or even 18-24 months for most of the giant breeds since they take so long to grow and mature.
I've only ever had little dogs and I was a lit younger when we got Teddy so I only really know about small female dogs getting fixed.

bathrooms and laundry piles are brown recluse favorite homes!! where is that run for the hills emoji when i need it!!!! 😵😵😵
runforhills.gif

Speaking of dogs, I've been looking for a longhaired faker around Rosie's age. I'd love to get a Maltese but those are hard to find.
I've been looking at people rehoming them mostly but I can't even find maltese puppies available from good breeders.
I've been looking for female Shiz tzu, yorkies, Maltese, poodles, bichon, and beiwer terriers.

Back
Top Bottom