Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I won't join but I wish this rp luck!

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Frost bite88

Crowing
9 Years
BYC Rules:

Please Read First A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum. B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages. C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well. D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way. E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

☆Story:

A beautiful scarred African painted dog nosed her way through the group of Growlers that guarded and lead her to a problem they spotted earlier that day. The Pack Organizer was expecting more intrusion from one of their rival packs but was met with a much more hostile problem. The scent of human fogged her nose as she sniffed at disturbed grass and a strange shiny thing poked out from under it. She glared at it hatefully, it was one of the human traps and it was the same type that had caught and slowly killed two of her dogs yesterday. Humans were approaching on their territory again and they were already in a tight area as it was... the Painted Dogs had hard times coming to them.

☆Packs and Troops:

Spark Pack:
A pack of the more colorful dogs, they're the biggest pack and they rule their shrub-lands with vigor and pride.
Ash Troop: One of Spark Pack's camps. This one holds the Pack Organizers.
Soot Troop: One of Spark Pack's camps.
Ember Troop: One of Spark Pack's camps.

Sprout Pack: A pack of more black covered dogs, they don't deal with as much hardship and they rule their montane area with force and confidence.
Root Troop: One of Sprout Pack's camps. This one holds the Pack Organizers.
Stem Troop: One of Sprout Pack's camps.
Leaf Troop: One of Sprout Pack's camps.

Splash Pack: A pack of smaller dogs, they are sturdy and rule their muddy savannah lands with caution and wits.
Muddy Troop: One of Splash Pack's camps. This one holds the Pack Organizers.
Reed Troop: One of Splash Pack's camps.
Puddle Troop: One of Splash Pack's camps.

☆Culture:

Males have to stay in the packs they are born into but females get to leave the pack and move to other ones if they so choose, sometimes though the Female Pack Organizer of a pack will actively chose to send off females if she so chooses so. It's seen as acceptable for females to choose a different pack so they can find a mate or just a different life for themselves and sometimes Female Pack Organizers will come together to trade out females as a sign of peace for awhile.
Shamans receive signs from Cagn, who is a trickster shapeshifter god that the dogs believe in, and the Painted Spirits who are beings believed to be once great dogs. Shamans look for signs in bones, the sky, the wind, and even the patterns of other dogs, basically they must be vigilant for anything that can be interpreted as a sign.
A universal system to follow is the eating order of the packs. The pups most eat first for they are believed to be the most important pack members and if this rule is broken by any dog, they must be punished in some way. Blood family is not as important as a dog's chosen family, created bonds are of deep importance to the Painted Dogs.
There are many dogs in a Pack and because of that Packs are split up in Troops, the biggest Troop is the one with the Pack Organizers and they will place dogs in Troops and have Shamans in each who will report to them as often as possible. The Pack Organizers are simple, the Female one has more power as they work and give orders to the females and the Male one works and gives orders to the males.

☆Dangers and Prey:

Lions:
They are the deadliest thing to run into on hunts and patrols, they can easily take down five dogs on their own so prides are to be avoided at all times.
Hyenas: Their groups are to be avoided as well, these pests love to steal hunts once the dogs are tired and that can leave to empty stomachs which leads to weaker dogs, Growlers watch for them with sharp eyes.
Poachers and Humans: By far the worst enemy of the Painted Dog, these creatures are incredibly invasive and deadly, they keep pushing the packs back deeper into their territories which is causing hostilities in the packs.
Large Prey: This list of prey can only be taken down with pack teamwork! This is the main form of hunting for Painted Dogs!
List: Gazelle, Kudo, Impala, Wildebeest, Water Buffalo, And Warthogs.
Smaller Prey: This list of prey can be hunted by much smaller numbers of dogs just for those who are feeling up to a bit of solitary hunting which is rare. List: Dik-Dik, Hares, Cane Rats, and Insects.

☆Ranks:

Female Pack Organizer:
Top Female, guides and keeps order among the females. They get to eat third in the ranks. Mates with Male Pack Organizer.
Male Pack Organizer: Top Male, guides and keeps order among the males. They get to eat third in the ranks. Mates with Female Pack Organizer.
Shamans: Spiritual dogs of the pack, receives signs and guidance, there is very few of them and they have high standing in their packs. They get to eat after the Patched.
Growlers: Defense of the packs, they alert everyone of danger and will watch over hunts, they often even have to engage in deadly fights with rival packs and predators. They eat last with the Chasers.
Chasers: Hunters of the pack, they're well trained to work together and are extremely effective in taking down prey. They know one dog cannot take down enough for all. They eat last with the Growlers.
New-Colors: This is the most important point in the dogs life, they must choose their place in the world at this time, they have the freedom to train with both Growlers and Chasers and if they are female they have the freedom to even look into changing packs.
Nurturers: Mothers of pups, they tell tales, they are the second to eat in the pack and are well respected.
Pups: They are the newest pack members and they get to eat first, once weened from the Nurturers and given a test and a name at yearling age, they are eligible to become New-Colors.
Patched: The oldest of the pack, their fur is often been slowly leaving in age which gives them a patched look, they get to eat after the Nurturers.

☆Character Sheet:

Name:
Personally:
History:
Goals:
Pack:
Troop:
Unique Markings or Traits:
Known Family Members:
Username:
Other:

The Chat Thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/《-the-painted-grass-sways-》-the-chat-thread.1299296/

The Character Page:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/《-the-painted-grass-sways-》☆a-member-page☆.74846/

Hey everybody, it's been so long since I've made an rp and I've been super in love with African Painted Dogs lately so why not make a rp with these beautiful darlings!!!

Last edited:
(Figured I should give you a reason for my vote, I dont really like the idea of gods and spirits in an RP. But also I'm too busy to join one right now. Hope you get a nice crowd in here. :) )

(Completely understandable! I'm not much of a fan of the solid "Oh of course they exist" gods and spirits so for this rp I'm gonna shoot to make it known that there's actually really no solid evidence that they are real and I hope to play with the idea of a corrupted Shaman who is just sorta making things up as they go XD but anyways thanks so much for your feedback!!!

Leopard's Bite stared at her coldly, she clearly wasn't in the mood for any dog to not take her orders seriously "You haven't gone out in a while, you need to earn your keep besides the New-Colors need practice and I'm sure they'll leave you alone."
"I took out a patrol first thing this morning," Mortem muttered tiredly, and closed her eyes, clearly not willing to leave her spot, "can you move?" She growled without opening her eyes, "you're blocking my sun."

Name: Jasper
Personally: He is very kind but can be really anxious, he means no ill will to anyone and will try to comfort distressed dogs when he can.
History: Born in Spark Pack and knows he doesn't have the same prospect of leaving the pack like his sister Flashfire and he hopes silently that his sister will not choose to leave him.
Goals: To become a great Chaser of Spark Pack, he also has the goal of staying with his sister.
Pack: Spark Pack
Troop: Ash Troop at the moment.
Unique Markings or Traits: He has no white spots through his pelt except for the usual tail tip and paws and this makes him standout in Spark Pack.
Known Family Members: Flashfire (sister)
Username: Frost bite88
Other: Not gonna lie, I based him off the stuff animal I recently got at the zoo for my birthday :d

Name: Leopard's Bite
Personally: Very intelligent and observant, she is a tough love kind of gal, she is willing to take risks and confront problems when necessary.
History: Born in Spark Pack and was a Growler before she became the Female Pack Organizer, she's use to the hardship of life and has paved her way with her knowledge. She finds other females a bit of a threat so if one steps out of line in the slightest she usually likes to trade out their troops or even their pack, she traded out her own sister to Splash Pack because she had her eye on her position and she sees this as just a way of life.
Goals: To lead her pack with honor and to leave her mark in pack history!
Pack: Spark Pack
Troop: Ash Troop
Unique Markings or Traits: She has many scars, defining ones are the big one on her muzzle and the three deep nicks in her right ear. Her eyes are different shades of amber.
Known Family Members:
Other: She has no problem trading out females and can be a little cruel when doing so.

Name: Shrike's Wing
Personally: A very independent and determined dog, once she has her mind set, it's hard to change. She isn't the best at following orders.
History: She was born in Ash Pack but she believes she just can't get noticed in a pack like this. When she was a pup a Shaman told her that her pelt looked faintly like wings, she said this foretold Shrike's latter flight in life.
Goals: She's very interested in leaving Ash Pack, she really likes the look of Splash Pack and hopes to transfer there.
Pack: Ash Pack for now
Troop: Soot Troop
Unique Markings or Traits: Her mask isn't very defined and her orange marks have been said to look like wings.
Known Family Members:
Other: I love her :3

Name: Warthog's Tusk
Personally: He is strong and commanding but a bit brash, he often barks orders a bit freely and jumps to conclusions quickly.
History: Born in Splash Pack and was a legendary Growler before he became a Pack Organizer, there is a popular tale in the pack about how he took down a full grown lion but it's kinda a tall tale that he just lets run wild to grow his ego.
Goals: To be respected! He gets a bit annoyed that his mate naturally has more power then him but he hopes his efforts will not be shadowed by hers.
Pack: Splash Pack
Troop: Muddy Troop
Unique Markings or Traits: He is the biggest male in pack as his mother came from Spark Pack, he if often covered in mud even though he doesn't go out on many patrols anymore.
Known Family Members:
Other: He not inherently bad, he's just a bit selfish :b

Name: Fuvu
Personally: Quiet and mysterious, he usually will speak very rarely and when he does he speaks very cryptically.
History: Was strangely a loner before he was accepted by Sprout Pack for his connection with Cagn, male loners usually never get into the packs so this was odd but he holds a firm standing due to his spiritual powers.
Goals: No one is really sure as he holds personal things to his chest.
Pack: Sprout Pack
Troop: Root Troop
Unique Markings or Traits: He has an odd human given thing around his neck that no one fully understands but Fuvu states it as a gift from humans who he tricked. He also has an odd white marking on his head that catches many eyes.
Known Family Members: None
Other: His name means Skull! Also he's basically Sol from Warriors oops XD

Name: Spring
Personally: Excitable and kind, she has a lot of energy and good will but can be naive!
History: Born to Splash Pack but moved to Sprout towards the end of her New-Color training, she's not one to get caught up in politics and her reasons for coming to Sprout are simple for her, she wanted a softer territory that would provide better mate options.
Goals: She's find with being a Chaser but what she really wants is to be a Nurturer, the hard life of hunting for a pack makes her grow weary.
Pack: Sprout Pack
Troop: Stem Troop
Unique Markings or Traits: She has a lot of white coloring which 'springs' wildly through her pelt, she has a cute heart shaped mark on her shoulder.
Known Family Members:
Other: A soft baby!

Flame felt her neck fur start to stand on end. "Soot pack!" She growled to the patrol.

Shrike's ears perked up at the sound of a large group of other dogs, they seemed to have ran into a result of a hunting patrol considering the Chasers looked a bit wore. What luck it was for her Soot Troop patrol to run into theirs.

Name: Raptor
Personality: reserved, bold, outspoken; likes to follow his own will and hates being bossed around, extremely independent. Likes being alone for the most part, but does trust a select few other dogs and enjoys their company.
History: Named after predatory birds(raptors) for their fierceness, courage, and determination. Pack-born and raised, and trained hard to become a Growler.
Goals: He’s good with being just a Growler. In his opinion, there’s more to life than status and rank. His goals are just to live life with a few risks and enjoy the moment.
Pack: Spark
Troop: Soot
Unique markings or traits: Is a large dog, built and colored like a Doberman Pinscher; with big paws, and dark golden-brown eyes.
Known family members: to be determined
Username: Table4Six
Other-none

Last edited:
Name: Raptor
Personality: reserved, bold, outspoken; likes to follow his own will and hates being bossed around, extremely independent. Likes being alone for the most part, but does trust a select few other dogs and enjoys their company.
History: Named after predatory birds(raptors) for their fierceness, courage, and determination. Pack-born and raised, and trained hard to become a Growler.
Goals: He’s good with being just a Growler. In his opinion, there’s more to life than status and rank. His goals are just to live life with a few risks and enjoy the moment.
Pack: Spark
Troop: Soot
Unique markings or traits: Is a large dog, built and colored like a Doberman Pinscher; with big paws, and dark golden-brown eyes.
Known family members: to be determined
Username: Table4Six
Other-none

(Alrighty sweet!!!!!!! He is accepted!!!!! If you want to jump in now, there is a patrol of Soot Troop Growlers meeting with Ash Troop right now :D)

“Chill. I’m Ash Troop, I swear. I was just taking this new color,” he snapped his head around to give him a warning glare, “to our troop. She’s meeting all the Organizers as part of her New Color training thing I’m helping her with.”
Raptor was lurking in the shadows, scrutinizing his surroundings as he waited for something worth while to happen.

Back
Top Bottom