🌱Growing With Ben🌱 ~ The Chonicles of the Troublesome Seeds

Which fruits/vegetables have you successfully grown before?

• Total voters
Lovely grapes. Do you do jam? We have scuppernong vines. They are just getting ready. The birds and squirrels love them too. I need to try to pick some more this week before they get them all!
I tried jam years back but it wasn’t that great. Sometimes I make raspberry and blackberry jam.

2AC7AB3F-32B4-457A-80A4-D4789C7641F6.jpeg

Just one lonely sprout for now. Hopefully I don’t get a load more like the peppers, but I’ll be happy with 2 or 3.

View attachment 3257114
Just one lonely sprout for now. Hopefully I don’t get a load more like the peppers, but I’ll be happy with 2 or 3.
Well, I jinxed it.
I did get a whole bunch more, lol.

FCF1A218-95D7-4FD8-A398-087D027426B4.jpeg

Does anyone know how big each plant will get? Will they each need a separate large pot like the lemons and peppers?

The wind was crazy one day and I didn’t realize the window was open so it blew off all the plants by the window. Some were saved but all the ones in the mini cups got destroyed.

Oh yeah, and I ended up giving one lemon and pepper sprout to a friend.

So I’m left with 6 lemon seedlings, 11 pepper plants, and about 10 strawberry sprouts.

94D87564-F702-4CEC-8C65-84583744F8AB.jpeg
926CD67D-BCC5-4194-9A82-10A6540CBD31.jpeg
94EB1245-2EE2-4802-8272-20DDE537D40E.jpeg
86F848A5-DB08-4ACA-8217-DAB703668A28.jpeg

Peppers are getting big but lemons seem to be growing so slow, lol.

Remember the cherry seeds? In the fridge?
Well nothing happened.

They’ve been in the fridge for over 2 months. Since July.
I’m disappointed but still going to leave them in there in case one of them decides to sprout.

Well, I jinxed it.

View attachment 3274527

Does anyone know how big each plant will get? Will they each need a separate large pot like the lemons and peppers?
I've forgotten what kind of seeds you put in that pot.

Well nothing happened.

I’m disappointed but still going to leave them in there in case one of them decides to sprout.
If cherry seeds fell on the ground outside, they would expect to wait all winter before sprouting the next spring. Since they've only been in your firdge for 2 months, I'm not surprised that nothing has happened yet.

Well, I jinxed it.

View attachment 3274527

The wind was crazy one day and I didn’t realize the window was open so it blew off all the plants by the window. Some were saved but all the ones in the mini cups got destroyed.

Oh yeah, and I ended up giving one lemon and pepper sprout to a friend.

So I’m left with 6 lemon seedlings, 11 pepper plants, and about 10 strawberry sprouts.

View attachment 3274528View attachment 3274530View attachment 3274531View attachment 3274532

Peppers are getting big but lemons seem to be growing so slow, lol.

Well nothing happened.

Did you soak the cherry seeds in water for 48 hrs?

I've forgotten what kind of seeds you put in that pot.
Strawberry :)

If cherry seeds fell on the ground outside, they would expect to wait all winter before sprouting the next spring. Since they've only been in your firdge for 2 months, I'm not surprised that nothing has happened yet.
Interesting, I’ve heard it’s shorter. I’ve learned not to trust the internet, lol.

Thanks!

Strawberry :)

Strawberry plants are much smaller than pepper plants.
They probably don't need a pot bigger than 6" across even at their biggest, and should be fine in smaller ones while they are young.

They also do fine sharing space with each other, as long as there is enough total space.

Strawberry plants tend to make runners after they grow up, so each plant produces many clones of itself, and pretty soon they can get crowded. But they won't start that until they are quite a bit bigger than yours are.

Since you grew those from seeds, each plant is likely to have slightly different traits from each other plant. If you find one or more that you really like, you can use the runners to end up with lots more identical ones within just a few years' time.

Back
Top Bottom