I'm growing a lemon 🍋 tree🌳! do y'all want updates?

Should I update y'all on my lemon plant progress?

• Yes!

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • no thanks

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
So do you keep the mango plant indoors for the duration of it's life?
If I was going to keep it here, it would have to be indoors throughout the cold months. I have a brother that lives in Arizona. If the mango survives until next October it can go home with him.

Apples and pear would thrive in your location.
I have apples, cherries and plums along with numerous other trees. Peach trees won't live here but I have one that came up in the garden and has made it through 4 winters so far. It is highly unlikely it will ever get big enough to produce fruit.

I've had a Meyers lemon tree that I bonzaied in this pot for almost 10 years. It's about 3 feet high and 4 feet wide.

The fruit is true to size and taste mildly tart and sweet. But I don't care for the fruit. I force the tree to continually bloom during the warm season to help feed the hummingbirds, various bees, and butterflies. Plus I don't have space for a giant fruit tree in my yard.
20220124_101717.jpg

Thanks for the update! Very cool!
Will it produce fruit?
If it lives long enough it should be capable of producing fruit. It is not good as a potted plant because it has a tap root. It will need to be planted in the ground in a suitable area that is compatible with the temperatures it can stand.

Back
Top Bottom