I'm growing a lemon 🍋 tree🌳! do y'all want updates?

Should I update y'all on my lemon plant progress?

• Yes!

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • no thanks

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
20220124_103659-jpg.2971030
20220228_170103.jpg

We have a Navel Orange tree, 2 Mayer lemon trees, a brown turkey fig (that is taking it's time to product this year), a Blood Orange tree that took a beating last year and doesn't have flower number one on it this year, but does have a lot of dead wood that has to be trimmed. We also have a grape vine, that would make a nice dessert wine if the birds would leave it alone. Then whatever we decide to grow in the small garden (14' X 20') as well as herbs, mostly for cooking or tea. I am in Zone 9 as well.

Last edited:
We have a Navel Orange tree, 2 Mayer lemon trees, a brown turkey fig (that is taking it's time to product this year), a Blood Orange tree that took a beating least year and doesn't have flower number one on it this year, but does have a lot of dead wood that has to be trimmed. We also have a grape vine, that would make a nice dessert wine if the birds would leave it alone. Then whatever we decide to grow in the small garden (14' X 20') as well as herbs, mostly for cooking or tea. I am in Zone 9 as well.
"Mango trees are hardy growing in tropical and subtropical climates located in USDA zones 10 through 11 and in the southern portions of zone 9 given winter protection. Mature mango trees suffer foliage damage at 25 degrees Fahrenheit, and flowers and fruits die when temperatures dip to 40 degrees F."

"Mango trees are hardy growing in tropical and subtropical climates located in USDA zones 10 through 11 and in the southern portions of zone 9 given winter protection. Mature mango trees suffer foliage damage at 25 degrees Fahrenheit, and flowers and fruits die when temperatures dip to 40 degrees F."
"Planted from seed, a mango tree requires five to eight years before it will bear fruit; a nursery sapling should produce fruit in about four years.

The mango fruit takes three to five months to ripen after the tree has flowered. The color of the ripe fruit depends on the variety. The fruit is typically harvested by hand and must be handled gently to avoid breaking the skin. One way to test for readiness is to pick a fruit and sniff to see if it has a sweet scent. If you pick unripe fruit, you can place it in a paper bag at room temperature to ripen further over several days. Mango can be eaten raw or cooked. Immature fruit is often used to make pickled mango. Store fully ripe fruit in the refrigerator, and aim to use it within a week. It also can be frozen."

https://www.thespruce.com/grow-mango-seeds-1902625

It's 45°F here right now. A few days ago it was -17°F.
I can't imagine how cold that is. DD is in Michigan. I had trouble (when she was packing) explaining that she really NEEDED a heavy coat. We finely bought her one and she was pissed for a day or 2. I don't know why, I paid for the dang thing. :lau She kept telling me it was a waste of money. :gig I will see what she has to say when she gets home.:celebrate

I can't imagine how cold that is. DD is in Michigan. I had trouble (when she was packing) explaining that she really NEEDED a heavy coat. We finely bought her one and she was pissed for a day or 2. I don't know why, I paid for the dang thing. :lau She kept telling me it was a waste of money. :gig I will see what she has to say when she gets home.:celebrate
Here, you always make sure you have a coat in the vehicle no matter what time of year it is.

Hey guys
I decided to start growing a lemon tree - just for fun.
I planted about 10 seeds in a pot today.

If I get enough votes for people that want to see updates (with pictures), then I will keep y'all updated.
At least 15 votes for updates, and I will give weekly updates for those that are interested.

I watched this video for help: lemon tree from seed

Please vote in the poll if you're interested in seeing weekly/monthly updates of my growing lemon plant.
I have a lemon and lime. They are growing well. I hope yours do to!

Back
Top Bottom