• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
You shouldā€™ve told me lol... I wouldā€™ve started it sooner šŸ˜‚
My eggs aren't even laid yet so I'm getting ahead of the game. But I was looking for the September thread a couple hours before you made it. I lasted a total of 4 months without actual chickens, but the prettiest wyandottes popped up on gumtree and they'll be arriving next week

My eggs aren't even laid yet so I'm getting ahead of the game. But I was looking for the September thread a couple hours before you made it. I lasted a total of 4 months without actual chickens, but the prettiest wyandottes popped up on gumtree and they'll be arriving next week
I love Wyandotteā€™s

hello again! My Eve (May hatch-a-long) has gone broody again, so I've given her 4 home-grown eggs: one of her own, and one of each of 3 of her flockmates (offspring of my other two hens are already running round from spring/summer hatches).
We have a chicken named Big Mama, and she is about 7 years old. We let her sit on some eggs and last week all six hatched, she has been the most devoted mama chicken. I was so happy for her she has always been a really broody chicken!
20200813_162601.jpg

September is Spring here and my girls are almost all laying so I'll be doing more hatches. Once my current lot all hatch I'll be incubating eggs from my polish flock that also has a pekin bantam (Bantam Cochin), not sure if I'll pop her eggs in.... ok who am I kidding, I NEED to see what they will look like.
My Araucanas currently have a Welsummer rooster in with them so I may incubate them as well for some more green layers

I didn't mean to... but I bought an incubator (Janoel 12) ran it for a day until it seemed stable then put in one GLW (hen) x Salmon Favorelle (rooster). Our rooster is older so I'm not 100% sure the egg is fertile. This is my first time hatching since I was younger and did it with my grandma. I'll just have to pester her incessantly to make sure I'm doing it right lol. I ordered 3 Mille Fleur eggs and 3 BCM eggs of ebay yesterday so I'm crossing my fingers that they get here safely and I have at least 2 or 3 hatch. The egg in there right now is more of a test egg before the others arrive.
Quick question: my humidity is varying greatly. It seemed to be steady this morning so I put the egg in but it's jumped to 63% - 50%. It has slowly steadily decreased (to 50%) though. Will the egg be ok until the humidity gets lower?
It's due to hatch September 4 if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom