Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Out of 8 Marans eggs 6 came out (the other 2 had no growth). One of them came out pretty much dead, so we got 5 nice living chicks! Very good odds for eggs that went through the mail, I think. They look very nice, I think they are a mix of blue and black copper.
2E33F4A6-3D05-44A1-B02B-B41B0DD06A51.jpeg

I set 12 Ayam Cemanis and 12 EEers on the 10th... and it was an absolute and complete bust, literally one of the EEers was stinking up the incubator and leaking. I ended up throwing them all away and setting a bunch of new EEers instead. Went to candle for day 7 on the new batch and wait... what was that? Closer look... it looks like a foot... OMG I FORGOT ONE OF THE AYAM CEMANIS AND ITS ALIVE!

I am dying laughing.

I set 12 Ayam Cemanis and 12 EEers on the 10th... and it was an absolute and complete bust, literally one of the EEers was stinking up the incubator and leaking. I ended up throwing them all away and setting a bunch of new EEers instead. Went to candle for day 7 on the new batch and wait... what was that? Closer look... it looks like a foot... OMG I FORGOT ONE OF THE AYAM CEMANIS AND ITS ALIVE!

I am dying laughing.

I just had a horrid batch of eggs too! I got 18 Barnevelder eggs (shipped) and ended up tossing 6 rotten ones (one of them had exploded in my incubator because I missed it the first time I pulled eggs). Out of 18 eggs, only 4 developed.....and I am now down to 3 because one of them was the 6th rotten one. I am really not holding out any hope for the remaining 3. Worst batch of eggs I have purchased!

Up to 2 Duckwing Phoenix Bantams, 2 Pyncheons, and 4 Blue Bresse hatched this go round. Not holding out too much hope on the last 3 Blue Bresse - they were in the incubator that I am still having some issues with. Buying 4 new thermometers and quadruple checking the temp, finding out temp was way to high thanks to faulty meat thermometer, and resetting the temp resulted in better embryos that grew larger.....but still to small come day 18. Incubator Warehouse sent out a new wafer disc for the hovabator and we are going to try replacing it next. Then I guess we will run another batch of test eggs.

I just had a horrid batch of eggs too! I got 18 Barnevelder eggs (shipped) and ended up tossing 6 rotten ones (one of them had exploded in my incubator because I missed it the first time I pulled eggs). Out of 18 eggs, only 4 developed.....and I am now down to 3 because one of them was the 6th rotten one. I am really not holding out any hope for the remaining 3. Worst batch of eggs I have purchased!
Uggh, I feel all. your. pain.

the joy of moving to a new house with a ton of land. I no longer have to rent property, everything is in one place. And I get to build all new with notes of what worked well and what needed to change.

The bad, Had to stop incubating in August because of the move.

The horrified reality, I just got internet back after 16 days of no internet or tv. I need to head to octobers hatch a long to post what I filled my incubator with

Back
Top Bottom