Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Today is lockdown for me!
20200802_182632.jpg

This is my first time hatching so I have a few questions. One of my eggs was put in a day behind the other 2. My turner automatically shuts off 3 days prior to hatch so should I keep turning the late egg 1 more day? The instructions to my incubator says to bring the humidity up to around 70%. Is this right? Last, when I lifted out the egg turner, the eggs rolled around a little harshly. Will they be ok?That's all! Anything is very much appreciated.

Don't worry about the extra day of turning, it will be fine. I don't think rolling harshly is too much to worry about depending on wether they crashed into things, dropped etc. But someone else will be able to say more on it.
They rolled and tapped into the side of the incubator. Not hard enough to crack them though. Thanks!

I've got four eggs incubating under a broody hen. Started them yesterday. Due to hatch on the 20th of this month. My flock provided the eggs, Egyptian Fayoumi, SDW OEGB, BBR OEGB and Amish barnyard crosses. I'm hoping that these eggs will hatch Fayoumi cross chicks. My two BBR/barnyard mix and Fayoumi rooster have been busy boys!

I've got four eggs incubating under a broody hen. Started them yesterday. Due to hatch on the 20th of this month. My flock provided the eggs, Egyptian Fayoumi, SDW OEGB, BBR OEGB and Amish barnyard crosses. I'm hoping that these eggs will hatch Fayoumi cross chicks. My two BBR/barnyard mix and Fayoumi rooster have been busy boys!
Awesome!!! :D my little broody chicks are already almost two weeks old! :eek: I just checked the calendar! I swore they were only like a week old šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ they will be two weeks Tuesday and Wednesday haha

We are hoping that it will be sort of self cleaning. The wall at the front has a small dip that overflows into a drain. We get a lot of rain here in the UK, so hoping that it will keep the water flowing through quite reqularly šŸ‘
Yes, I noticed the little spillway. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me when you get a chance to test it. I'm really interested to know if the "ducking of the pond" self clears. I live on a slope and could build a similar one if it does.

Back
Top Bottom