Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Almost all of them are spoken for for pick up in the second week of September. in teh past year, i've hatched a couple of hundred chicks and have only been able to keep 5 due to demand.
Same here. I sold 300 I think just this year. That includes quail too. I have 1 customer whoā€™s bought almost 60 for just their family lol

Coparenting going well LOL šŸ„° and the chicks are getting so big šŸ˜­ they turned 3 weeks old this week.

140A6C35-1CEE-4245-AF7D-AD53552353C8.jpeg
739368EB-95E6-495B-9444-76CA05BFF467.jpeg
8B2FC00E-8116-4595-8AB4-EB25412D8FB1.jpeg
E6A8C030-76F1-4E6D-86E0-FCCF534C7DF0.jpeg
20BF0705-3E64-47AC-A488-BAD7B2B608DC.jpeg
1464D51F-BC8B-404F-AA17-3258463613CF.jpeg
04999F23-AAC4-4DB8-B085-DA2C77AAB9FF.jpeg

Three of our runner duck eggs have pips and we are away on holiday. šŸ˜¬ my parents are looking after them and I just had to give instructions for lockdown etc.

Day 28 is Tuesday, so they are quite early. Iā€™m hoping theyā€™re actually ready and that the temp hasnā€™t been too high.

99E0608C-45CB-46EA-A53D-CA3D796FDA3F.jpeg

Last edited:
So 3 of my Skywalker beilifelder eggs have hatched. 3 boys!!! I guess it's just not for me to have too many girls of this breed. So I've named them : Luke, Anikan, and Vader. I guess my girls will be Liea and Padmea. Good thing I am a Star wars kinda girl!!!:barnie
Huh. I've named my girls Missy, River Song, and Osgood One and Osgood Two. Only a Doctor Who fan would understand :D .

Away on vacation for the last week. My mother in law was incubator sitting for me. (Didn't ask her to do much except make sure they were still runnin and fill the water well once.) Came home to a rotten egg smell in my vertical incubator....so stayed up late to candle all the eggs and find the bad one. Luckily it was just 1.....but unluckily, I also removed a ton of clear eggs and blood rings from that incubator as well. Pretty sure I will hatch in September, but cutting back to just the horizontal roller incubator I think - and ordering eggs from sellers I have received awesome eggs from. My last batch of deathlayer eggs ended up all clear (packaged really well, but air cells were absolutely horrid :rant), caught a FoxFire auction for Deathlayer eggs so bought them as I know they will do well. Going to try for more Pita Pintas and Araucanas I think - from same sellers as their eggs were packaged really well, and some blue Bresse from the seller I bought Bantams from. Might throw some of my barnyard cross eggs in the vertical gator I guess - just to make sure my problems are not from the incubator. I am getting tired of all the bad egg shipments - eliminated all the Wheaten marans, all the speckled sussex,Sussex, all but 1 of the swedish Flower hens, all of the Omega Hills CCLs, all but 3 of the Phoenix bantam and a few more...out of 60 eggs in that incubator, I am down to like 12. :hitI honestly think it is damage caused by shipping....but going to use some eggs from home to test because I just want to be sure.

Away on vacation for the last week. My mother in law was incubator sitting for me. (Didn't ask her to do much except make sure they were still runnin and fill the water well once.) Came home to a rotten egg smell in my vertical incubator....so stayed up late to candle all the eggs and find the bad one. Luckily it was just 1.....but unluckily, I also removed a ton of clear eggs and blood rings from that incubator as well. Pretty sure I will hatch in September, but cutting back to just the horizontal roller incubator I think - and ordering eggs from sellers I have received awesome eggs from. My last batch of deathlayer eggs ended up all clear (packaged really well, but air cells were absolutely horrid :rant), caught a FoxFire auction for Deathlayer eggs so bought them as I know they will do well. Going to try for more Pita Pintas and Araucanas I think - from same sellers as their eggs were packaged really well, and some blue Bresse from the seller I bought Bantams from. Might throw some of my barnyard cross eggs in the vertical gator I guess - just to make sure my problems are not from the incubator. I am getting tired of all the bad egg shipments - eliminated all the Wheaten marans, all the speckled sussex,Sussex, all but 1 of the swedish Flower hens, all of the Omega Hills CCLs, all but 3 of the Phoenix bantam and a few more...out of 60 eggs in that incubator, I am down to like 12. :hitI honestly think it is damage caused by shipping....but going to use some eggs from home to test because I just want to be sure.
I donā€™t get shipped eggs anymore Iā€™ve had bad experience almost every time

My eggs from Omega Hills had a lot of clears in them. Just FYI. I suppose it could have been shipping damage but when I opened them up they looked clear.

I'm hatching shipped eggs from 2 different breeders, all maran eggs. Hatch days are 3 days apart. Both batches are in the same incubator until day 18. I candled and weighed the 2nd batch today. It would be day 6 for them.

I was the one that had my first batch loose on avg 4gm in 6 days. On advice here I raised my humidity to 40-45% which I've been pretty diligent about maintaining.

The weight lose for this batch was on avg on 4 and some even 6gm. I was able to construct a better candler and able to see a few fairly clearly. I traced the air cell in the 4 that I could see. I'm attaching pics. I don't think these air cells look all that far off from the drawings I've seen. I'm questioning the accuracy of the weight thing, either my scale is wonky, I screwed up the weighing, or something.

I'm thinking of going with the 4 I was able to see and trace, that if those are on track, that I'll just assume the rest are doing ok too.

Looking for opinions/ thoughts. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom