Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Finished the hatch with 14 babies out of 20 that made it to lock-down. I assisted one and she's doing fine. Sadly, I waited to long to intervene on another. I was able to hear it chirping so I thought it would be okay but it moved, covered the air hole and ran out of oxygen. I'm kicking myself for not getting to it in time. Enough said... let's celebrate the one's that made it... it's been a long 30 hours!

View attachment 2278542
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Only 3 days left until Mrs Tweedy hatches quail and my other quail hatch in the bator!

I love these little quail. They are so cute!

Im going to sneak the other quail under Mrs Tweedy while they hatch. Then theyā€™ll be cared for by her. Sheā€™s a sweet mom.
Many movies must be made. :pop:ya:celebrate:wee

Only 3 days left until Mrs Tweedy hatches quail and my other quail hatch in the bator!

I love these little quail. They are so cute!

Im going to sneak the other quail under Mrs Tweedy while they hatch. Then theyā€™ll be cared for by her. Sheā€™s a sweet mom.
Poor Mrs Tweedy, will be wondering how she layed cocaine filled midgets.....(small and fast)

I had one of my girls go broody and found her sitting on 11 eggs in a place that was not protected from predators. I relocated the hen & eggs, but mama was so intent on getting back to her brood, she did not recognize the eggs as hers. After waiting about 45 minutes to see if she would settle on them, I moved them to the incubator. I candled them before putting them in and nine of the 11 had obvious development. Two were definitely less developed than the others, but they all went in.
Today I checked on the progress. Two had free floating yokes with no development and they were culled. One has noticeable development, but I am not hopeful for it at this time. One still doesn't have any noticeable development, but I left it in to see if it was a late addition. Seven show good development and there is obvious movement in the egg.
I have no idea what day they are on but guess somewhere between 7 and 14.

I had one of my girls go broody and found her sitting on 11 eggs in a place that was not protected from predators. I relocated the hen & eggs, but mama was so intent on getting back to her brood, she did not recognize the eggs as hers. After waiting about 45 minutes to see if she would settle on them, I moved them to the incubator. I candled them before putting them in and nine of the 11 had obvious development. Two were definitely less developed than the others, but they all went in.
Today I checked on the progress. Two had free floating yokes with no development and they were culled. One has noticeable development, but I am not hopeful for it at this time. One still doesn't have any noticeable development, but I left it in to see if it was a late addition. Seven show good development and there is obvious movement in the egg.
I have no idea what day they are on but guess somewhere between 7 and 14.
I have one sitting on the back deck on a canvas tarp I had folded in a corner. Tried to put her into a broody tractor but she freaked out. I finally let her out and she rushed back to her tarp and snuggled back down. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø So I gave her back her eggs. She's well-hidden there at least. I think she'll be fine.

Sonic is silver based with some tan coloring šŸ˜
A2188394-D949-434C-A5C5-554DC259EA87.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom