🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

Pics
I have six "fertility testers" out of my (currently) mixed silkie pen that are day 20. Two are externally pipped, the other four internally.

I have partridge, paint, and cuckoo girls currently laying, and partridge, splash, and grey boys, all mixed together. I forgot when I set these that my lone bantam cochin boy is in there too, so who knows what I'm going to end up with?!

Hatched! And already cock eyeing me. 2 cayuga, possibly cayuga×pekin eggs left to hatch on 16th, and 4 of same for 23rd.
20201010_094416.jpg

My lone Buff Orpington Bantam hatched today. I assisted as all the Salmon Faverolle Bantams had hatched and I was worried. When I tried to do the air hole, the egg cracked...so took a little bit more of the shell off so that I could check better. It was still absorbing blood vessels, but I could see that it was malpositioned as well (head above the wing). By this morning the chick had moved to a head between the legs position and was no way it would have hatched on its own how it was sitting. It had it's blood vessels absorbed and I could see that the yolk was too. So I peeled back the membrane to the point it could kick itself out. So a 100% hatch for that round!

Back
Top Bottom