🎄Christmas🎄 Hatch-Along

Sounds like you may need to get a coop expansion project underway 😃 and some sort of temp coop addition to solve the problem till that's completed? ...not enough space certainly can result in bullying 😟
Heh.. just spent a $1,000 on their run, a new coop is definitely not in our budget for the next couple of months for sure!

Heh.. just spent a $1,000 on their run, a new coop is definitely not in our budget for the next couple of months for sure!
Im budget queen 😂 my coop and run basically free from recycled/ free stuff like pallets and timber scraps, just screws cost money and some wire fencing although did get some rolls of that free too.
..If there's bullying problems you may need to sell some chickens so they have more space- that also helps to go towards feed costs for the rest of the flock and for future coop expansion project 🤔 something to think about anyway..

🎄:jumpyI couldn't find a Christmas Hatch-Along to join so I'll just start one here!

If anyone is hatching around Christmas time feel free to join in, I do love pics!! Set date for chickens is about now! :wee

My 9.5 year old Silkie went broody yesterday as I expected. She lays 12 eggs then goes broody like clockwork 😄 So today I'll set her eggs underneath her and hope they're fertile! Her name is 'Queen' Chickaletta. She is outlasting any chicken I've owned and still laying and still healthy as always nothing ever wrong with her, never been sick, nothing! She is picky with which roosters she likes so she may not have fertile eggs 🙁 Biscuit my rooster is a good boy and dances around her but I haven't seen the deed done but maybe hopefully in secret! ..I will put some of Boofs eggs under Chickaletta too because I know they are fertile so at least she'll have some hatchlings if her's don't hatch.
It will be fun to see what colours pop out with the white hens and Biscuit. Never know what's hiding under a white!

Pic Chickaletta and Biscuit..
View attachment 2916519
Well my lavender orp is sitting on a nest does that count?

Back
Top Bottom