šŸ„ 15 week update! šŸ„

Yes, we can have roosters. My husband isnā€™t too fond of the crowing if they are too high pitched.
Yes, we can have roosters. My husband isnā€™t too fond of the crowing if they are too high pitched.
Crow colars, nightbox, darkbox and stuff work good for that! We use them on ours. Or we have in the past

Sure! That would be great!
Alright! Our roo can be a bit noisy, generally your spitz breed shouldnt be noisy, it should be pretty calm, but there are some that are, so heres what we like to do.
Crow colars work good if you see them, but they have to be perfectly tightended, out of experince the collar needs to be under the feathers of its neck, you need to be able to stick your pinky underneath the gap to make sure he can breathe and eat properly. Otherwise its to tight, of its TO loose he can get his beak stuck, i know it sounds a bit difficult. But if you get the right size for them they work pretty good!
theres also something called a nightbox, where you take a cat crate *with lots of ventilation for air!* and put it in a dark area, covering it with a dark blanket, but just draping over so they can still breathe properly *sorry if im being confusing* i usually let them out around 8:00 AM because thats when most people are at work/school and are probably already up. This stimulates their brain into thinking its nightime. Because they crow when its dawn, it csn get reppetitive. Make sure you dont already have him out, then stuff him in, you can, but i find it stimulates mine a bit. another good idea is to insulate your coop and have it really dark, this way he cant see its daytime, of course, you csn take a blanket of it after. Hope This helps and wasnt to confusing!

Back
Top Bottom