🐶The adventures of a little land shark with a job🦈

Is the name Pepsi

• Total voters
Pics
we finally went back to puppy classes for the first time! It went well, we stood far away from the class 😅. There was a new person there who apparently does something with security dogs, I don’t know if she handles or trains them. My mother of course asked her for advice because thats what my mother does 🙃

so she came to see what Peps was doing and to talk to us. She asked as what we think was going on so I told her, few minutes later she is telling my mother we need one of those very fine slip-leash-collars instead of the wide flat collar 😑 she said she was going to bring some next class so the puppy class can try them :he. Run from any trainer who immediately slaps an aversive tool on a dog before they have watched or done anything with the dog!

later when Pep is in the car, she puts a slip leash on somebody randoms dog and starts yanking it around while the dog is looking scared 🙁 telling us this is what we need to do with Pepsi 🙄. The cherry on the top, is my mother talked to her in the one building and she had one of her dogs with her. apparently every few minutes she would have to stop talking and walk around with the dog because it looked at another dog, she would tell my mother thats what we need to do 🤣

for some reason I won’t be taking her advice 🙃 and will be going back to my original plan of doing my own thing with the dogs and using the classes as a distraction in the background
IMG_5994.jpeg

tired from all the excitement!

IMG_5993.jpeg

We have been going frequently to garden centres and we are making progress slowly! She is also starting to not mind the car! :wee

some of her siblings also seem to have excitement dog reactivity problems 😅

training plan is

-work more on heel. I originally didn’t want to because it will make teaching the sighted-guiding task later more difficult but it is a really useful skill, which I think I actually need her to know 😅

-more engagement. Similar to heel, I didn’t want to work too much on engagement because I need her to be aware and react/interact with the environment but not working on it hasn’t worked because I enjoy having a dog that engages with me a lot!

-teach her some tasks to help with engagement

-frequent short outings and going to puppy class

Training is not going great 🙁 she gets overstimulated/excited/frustrated extremely quickly when out. So for the moment she won't be doing public access 🥲 until maturity and training kicks in!

I love these breeds and hate them :lau Fanta has adult dog brain now, its so nice!

The dogs got new beds! Pepsi loves them! Fanta is not so sure about them 😆

IMG_6207.jpeg

Turns out it is my eyesight that's making some dog training difficult and frustrating! Specially when its a large reactive dog I am handling 😅

I can't put guide dog in training on her because most guide dogs in training are trained by people who don't need them :hmm

Back
Top Bottom