Is the name Pepsi

• Total voters
Pics

SpotTheCat

Herding cats
Jan 19, 2021
UK
IMG_4630.jpeg

this little land shark (name still pending) is a East German working line/DDR german shepherd who is going to (hopefully) grow up to be an assistance dog. Poor thing doesn’t know what she has signed up for yet :lau

She is currently 9 weeks old

so far no accidents in the house which is great! Today is mostly being spent sleeping after all the stress of moving

she does not like being locked in her pen or crate, we have made progress with her being comfortable in her pen, it is day one so I expect she will get a lot better with that soon
IMG_4638.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

Pikelet (springer spaniel) is getting along better with her then expected! Pikelet is scared of small dogs but she warmed up to the land shark faster then the shark did to her 😆

so far no accidents in the house which is great! Today is mostly being spent sleeping after all the stress of moving

she does not like being locked in her pen or crate, we have made progress with her being comfortable in her pen, it is day one so I expect she will get a lot better with that soon
View attachment 3653157

View attachment 3653158

Pikelet (springer spaniel) is getting along better with her then expected! Pikelet is scared of small dogs but she warmed up to the land shark faster then the shark did to her 😆
Crate training is so important, something they'll need the rest of their lives. She'll get used to it soon, I'm sure!

Yes!!! Crate training is honestly the α and the ω in my book. It's so nice to have a dog that enjoys their crate
Dogs love caves and dens when they are nervous or just want privacy. My dogs have always readily used and loved their crates! And when I leave them to go to town or some other place, they are so comfortable in their crates. Easy on me and the dogs! 😊

So far on her temperament

she doesn’t seem to be very interested in new people it took a while before she really interacted with me at all

she loves flirt poles (Dog version of the cat toy sticks) The breeder had one and it was hard to get her to leave it even when it wasn’t moving

not much interest in dogs either. Fanta bounced and bit other dogs constantly ,the shark hasn’t really shown any interest in playing unless the other dog pester her to

breeder didn’t like her father temperament because he is more social, likes people interaction more then she would like. That sounded perfect for me!

she is really confident but not that outgoing

After a closer inspection I can say that I do indeed see the mischief TwoCrows was talking about :lau
She has put my entire finger in her mouth then bit down :lau
Dogs love caves and dens when they are nervous or just want privacy. My dogs have always readily used and loved their crates! And when I leave them to go to town or some other place, they are so comfortable in their crates. Easy on me and the dogs! 😊
She doesn’t seem to like being locked away from people at the moment. we are getting there with the crate

IMG_4642.jpeg

The crates all ready looking small :eek:it fitted little Fanta!

Back
Top Bottom