đź‘€ BLUE Eyed chickens discussion đź’¬

m1chelle1

Crowing
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 12, 2017
East Central Florida
:frow:oldNow that I have a blue eyed 2 month old chicken (who I expected to have brown eyes) I am stumbling on the realization that out of the thousands of chickens I’ve owned over the years, I’ve never had such a chicken with Blue eyes.
Further research tells me it’s because it’s supposed to be super rare and not an actual “chicken eye color”. And could also mean blindness in some cases, and a host of other things. Wanted to create a discussion specifically about blue eyed chickens, for those interested and those of you who have had experience and have had chickens with blue eyes (and hopefully pictures?)
I’m curious to see if my black Jersey Giant female will still have blue eyes once she is fully mature, because I’ve also seen people saying they grow out of blue eyes.

Any input is appreciated :thumbsup

Ciao
~Shell :bun

Attachments

• IMG_4297.jpeg
    IMG_4297.jpeg
    732.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4299.jpeg
    IMG_4299.jpeg
    746.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4303.jpeg
    IMG_4303.jpeg
    657.2 KB · Views: 21
That’s pretty cool! You’ll have to let us know if the eye color changes.
With my new EE chickens, I’m just hoping for blue eggs!

Here's true Blue/Pearl eyes. This is a fully mature Indian Malay hen.View attachment 3707891Many Aseel Fighter breeds/Strains have either Pearl, White, or Yellow eyes.

Wanted to say just this. Some Oriental gamefowl are the only ones who will mature to a Pearl coloured eye. Even so, that is not truly

Last edited:
Wanted to say just this. Some Oriental gamefolw are the only ones who will mature to a Pearl coloured eye. Even so, that is not truly
I didn't say all, I said many.

Just wanted to clarify that yellow is Bay, without the red/orange ring in the iris. Sometimes bay even has a green ring in addition to red/orange.

Back
Top Bottom