'09 garden kinda late

I'm sitting here in N. Ga watching the rain again!!!
Just planted 3 tomato plants on Friday..waiting for it to dry up so I can plant my seeds...stupid weather. And its suppose to be in the 40's the next 2 nights...What's up with that?

lol.png
:lol:Ga chick , I planted my corn on thursday & it is sunday now the dang styff is uo 1" tall alreadey! I think its the right temp or something? This is the rainiest I can remember here in middle Ga. also its still cool kind of strange. 65 at night & 85 in the day . I can live with this cold yankee style weather. --for a while---

Geepers! last year and the year before it was the drought. I'm in the mtns of NC. We have had mustard, spinach and beets in. The irish potatoes are terribly spotty. Our last frost date is May 15 so we are going good in spite of the rain. I put out tomatoes in the rain. LOL. Then when it dried off my hb sprayed them for the spray to prevent diseases they would get in rainey weather here. later this week I will plant beans, corn and cukes squash and maybe some others. Gloria Jean

I've been up there in Franklin gem mining.

Guess that's the thing about NC, you can be in 3 or 4 different planting zones within the 1 state. I was planning for tomatoes by mid-June but not now thanks to the chickens!!

Friend of mine in Waynesville told me that no one in the mountains ever learned how to swim until the invention of heated pools. Lakes, creeks and streams were just too dang cold!!

We've been fighting the weather too! We might could have planted 2 weeks ago, but had to wait until our fence order came in. The hardware company messed our order up and we could not plant with free range chickens! We finally got it all in the ground yesterday before the latest front came through today and it has rained all day, perfect timing! The seed should be up in a couple of days. I think just about everyone I have talked to in the south had been late planting this year. It'll be OK, I think, if you didn't plant cool season crops this late. We shall see!
fl.gif

We got part of our garden planted around March 2oth.. then spent the next two weeks having to cover every thing because of cold several times... We planted a few more things in April.. so far the tomatoes, and corn are looking great, the beans and the okra are moving a little slow.. Cucumbers are starting to bloom.... Fingers are crossed that we don't have a hail storm come through. LOL

Back
Top Bottom