1.5 month old chick trembling a lot

Smelly

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
I have a 1.5 month old silver easter egger (cochin / ameraucana mix) and for the past few days she's been very trembly when she walks, she's eating as well as drinking and her poop looks normal, she just doesn't seem to be able to stand without shaking, she's also somewhat thin, but she's been like that since she hatched pretty much. My flock has been dealing with some lice so I'm wondering if that may have anything to do with it? is there anything I can do for her? anything I need to watch out for? I separated her from the flock just in case she's sick and conntagious, and so she doesn't get picked on, her sister hasn't been showing any sign opf sickness and has been doing just fine, any advice?

If dealing with lice, maybe she has an overload and is anemic? Can you take a pic or a video would be better. How have you been treating fo the lice?

If dealing with lice, maybe she has an overload and is anemic? Can you take a pic or a video would be better. How have you been treating fo the lice?
I’ve been treating her with diluted permethrin spray and earlier today I put DE power on her, I have a video of her, but I can’t attach on mobile

Please upload to youtube and link back here.

It sounds neurological to me. Is she low in the pecking order? I’m wondering about a vitamin deficiency. Can you pull her aside for some private feedings for a few days? Create a mash, spike it with poultry vitamins and let her eat to her heart’s content before returning her to the flock.

I agree anemia could be a factor. I offer beef liver when someone is looking anemic in my flock.

Back
Top Bottom