1 eyed chick

knickers77

In the Brooder
May 24, 2015
Mackay, AUSTRALIA
One of our little chicks (5 weeks old) is so tiny compared to the others but we just noticed only 1 eye has opened. It eats, drinks & scratches around happily however it is super noisy & it's new feathers are falling out....any suggestions?

Hi
Poor baby, it doesn't sound good. I personally would have to hit it on the head. Please don't get mad.
hit.gif
. I don't like animals suffering. If its happy, well,,,, you can let it live its life out. I think it has some kind of deformity, that I have not heard of. But I am not an expert.
Its always difficult with animals, knowing what is the right thing to do, and when to do it in cases like this.
Follow your heart.
old.gif
Im old, that's what I do,

[COLOR=800000][COLOR=000000]Hi[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=800000][COLOR=000000]Poor baby, it doesn't sound good.  I personally would have to hit it on the head. Please don't get mad.[/COLOR][/COLOR] :hit .  I don't like animals suffering.  If its happy, well,,,, you can let it live its life out.  I think it has some kind of deformity, that I have not heard of.  But I am not an expert. 
Its always difficult with animals, knowing what is the right thing to do, and when to do it in cases like this.
Follow your heart.
:old  Im old, that's what I do,

That sounds like something my Dad would say! Lol.... There is no way I could do that though. It definitely doesn't seem to be suffering - unless all the chirping is a sign of distress? Clearly it has a few things going on.... I guess time will tell! Poor lil chicky

Omg, its awfully hard, I know from my years of farming. I cried when our sow stood on our first piglets, but it didn't kill them. I had to get my husband to shoot them. I have farming friend that would say 'when you've got livestock, you've got deadstock', I hated it when we had the dairy goats producing bucks. They had to go. I can eat the roosters now, without feeling horrid. And never call anything a nice name that's destined for the pot. Call it dinner or porterhouse, Even better, name it after a politician you don't like lol

This is advice I just got from a fellow chicken keeper on helping improve the chances of a chicks survival....
Mix 'Chick Saver' (which is a combination eletrolyte and other stuff) and 1 tsp sugar in a quart of water. Feed 'Farmers Helper, Ultra Kibble' for chicks.

Back
Top Bottom