4 week old Serama shivering

Emrosenagel

Chirping
Oct 2, 2020
Hello!

I have three 4 week old chicks (1 bantma cochin, 1 mystery bantam, and a serama). I've noticed for a while now the little serama shivers like a chihuahua. I can't tell if she does it all the time, but she certainly does it when I pick her up. And it can't be the cold, because today it was 95 degrees. She walks/runs/flies perfectly fine, eats and drink normally. I just worry over her cause she's so tiny compared to the others!

Thanks!

Hello!

I have three 4 week old chicks (1 bantma cochin, 1 mystery bantam, and a serama). I've noticed for a while now the little serama shivers like a chihuahua. I can't tell if she does it all the time, but she certainly does it when I pick her up. And it can't be the cold, because today it was 95 degrees. She walks/runs/flies perfectly fine, eats and drink normally. I just worry over her cause she's so tiny compared to the others!

Thanks!
She may just be frightened when you hold her.

And it can't be the cold, because today it was 95 degrees.
Okay.. I'm glad temperature has been ruled out, since it was mentioned on your other thread.. and you also don't think it's fear or pain according to behavior.. I'll throw in a chihuahua similarity with one of my big dogs we call the great wah wah.. she shakes when she's excited! The whole time she's riding in the car something she LOVES to do. It's part of her nature. When someone shows up that she loves to see she shakes in the window until they get inside. My mom's actual chihuahua also did the same, shake with excitement.

And also one more.. maybe it's not scary to approach you but still is when raised in the air.. and she faces her "fears" head on with full curiosity. I've done some thrilling things I wanted to that knock my knees.. like hiking a narrow path with a ledge on one side for example. Why heights! :D

Back
Top Bottom