1 hatched

Champchick

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2021
I had some issues with my incubator. Had 2 get stuck half way and not make it. Now im keft with 1. What should i do? Will my year old silkie hurt em uf i put her with the little guy? Or is he ok alone.

I had some issues with my incubator. Had 2 get stuck half way and not make it. Now im keft with 1. What should i do? Will my year old silkie hurt em uf i put her with the little guy? Or is he ok alone.
You'll have to buy the chick a couple buddies.

The silkie will probably hurt the chick. Is she broody?

you can't leave him with the silkie unfortunately. If she decides to hurt him then it will be too late and there is a high chance she would.
Raising one alone is not great but it can be done. Realize she will cry a fair bit more than if she had company so the noise will get to you. Add a mirror so she can look at herself and give her a night light like you would a little kid. It will sleep a lot on the first week and the night light will keep it calm so son't worry about giving it night time as it will just cry a lot.

If the silkie is not broody do not introduce them. The chick won't be happy on his own though, you will most definitely have to buy some chicks of the same age for him.

Back
Top Bottom