1 month old silkie won't go in coop

I was told 10 days when I got him so that puts him at 6wks. The lady was guessing on the ten days, she also told me she would bet all her money that he was a girl! He has long red wattles and is trying to crow. It sounds so funny! I have never had chickens before this, I thought they didn't start until much later.

Cherry Bird, if you would like to have another Silkie I would give him to you. He is in my backyard right now crowing up a storm and my neighbors are going to have a fit. Your Silkie might like having another of her kind!!

I trained my roo to go in the coop the first night they were moved out there. They lived in the brooder/intermediate pen for 8 weeks, were moved to the juvenile coop/pen (a dog run with a dog house) until they were 14 weeks, and then are recent residents of their permanent coop. My coop is about 2-2.5 feet off the ground, and the first night he needed guiding to find where to go. The next day I installed a light on a timer as well as trimmed the feathers around his eyes and he made it all by himself that night. No real training required, he just needed to be able to see and realize all the girls were already inside! Haha

After his haircut
DSCN2914.jpg

That's the ramp he has to walk up
DSCN2912.jpg

That ramp looks more steep than mine. But just a touch. She isn't old enough to require a haircut yet. I'll just have to work with her, I guess.

No, I don't need a roo, thanks. My neighbors would also have a "come apart." And I don't blame them. I get aggravated at the neighbors that allow their dogs to bark endlessly so it would be hypocritical of me to get a roo.

Or maybe it would be payback...

Back
Top Bottom