1 of 4 not laying...ideas?

EE's are very unstandardized as a breed, perhaps why I like them so much. I had gotten my first batch and all were similar, fairly small but lay well. I liked them so much I added more from a different source the next year, and other than the pea combs, you wouldn't think they were the same breed. They're much larger and a different colors and patterned.
Both groups are excellent layers. I've hatched peeps from the first group and the girls are smaller like their mothers and lay early. I have a huge rooster from my smallest hen. Go figure. When you mix genetics, it can get interesting.

I use Purina Flock Raiser and get it at Tractor Supply.

There are other higher protein feeds without high calcium under the monikers 'all flock, 'starter', 'grower', 'game bird'.......
.....you may have to do some shopping and label reading to find one near you.

X 2 - essentially any non-medicated ration for poultry that is of the percentage you desire for protein content can be used - provide the calcium needed by actively laying birds on the side and your set.

I was thinking about it and when we first built our coop, which has a metal roof one of the chickens decided she would try to fly through it flew up and hit the roof and fell back down. After she did it she seemed to be okay, we looked her over and everything. That was a few months ago. Could she have possibley injured her brain and that be the cause of her not laying? We are almost positive it was her that did it.

Back
Top Bottom