10-11 week old Rouen Sex

COVINGTONTN

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2022
IMG_1141.jpeg

Any guesses on the sex of these two Rouens? The left has a greenish beak so I’d say male but the right Rouen quacks like a female yet has a small white ring!

I believe you are correct on the genders but not the kind of duck. These appear to be Khaki Campbell’s. It is not abnormal for them to have a little white patch under the chin in either gender.
I was curious if they were a mix breed as well! They have the little blue marks on their wings like a Rouen so that’s why I thought Rouen!

Oh, I see the blue patch in the picture now. If they both have it, that would seem to imply they are both drakes. But you said she quacks so I am confused?! Btw, I’m in Oakland, TN, not that far away!

Ok, they are not pure Khaki’s, I am pretty sure they are Golden 300 hybrids, which are a khaki hybrid. TSC uses Hoover’s hatchery and that duckling coloration only matches them. But, that would seem to make them the same gender as the
Oh, I see the blue patch in the picture now. If they both have it, that would seem to imply they are both drakes. But you said she quacks so I am confused?! Btw, I’m in Oakland, TN, not that far away!
The smaller neck one quacks loud, like a female! I’m so confused😂 the fatter neck one definitely has a green hued beak compared to the skinny one and a raspy quack! The green beak one is the dominant one amongst all the ducks (I have 2 Pekins that are roughly two weeks older).

The smaller neck one quacks loud, like a female! I’m so confused😂 the fatter neck one definitely has a green hued beak compared to the skinny one and a raspy quack! The green beak one is the dominant one amongst all the ducks (I have 2 Pekins that are roughly two weeks older).
IMG_1032.jpeg

This pic is from a couple weeks ago!

Back
Top Bottom