10 Baby Wood Ducks (1st thought they were Mallards)

Pics
They are so beautiful. Mine all like to face forward too I guess they always have to be on guard even when secure.

Yes, this is definitely part of their "safe" space. Yesterday, while I was cleaning the poop tray in this coop, all the girls and ducks were outside (only access to outside is the side door on this coop). All of a sudden, a wave of chickens and ducks scurried back into the coop and past me to get to the pen area. No doubt a hawk. I went outside and watched the hawk do another flyby. Looked like a sharp-shinned hawk. It happens so often, that the hens no longer race across the indoor pens to hide inside their coop. They usually just huddle under this coop.

I'm at the Singapore airport waiting for a flight to Australia. DH is tending the flocks. He sent me this pic. Duck egg? He found it in one of the nesting boxes.

20200304_064255.jpg

Probably so. And I’ve never seen a yolk in a fairy egg. What are you doing traveling the globe and hubby is home bird sitting ? lol
Booked the trip last January. 16 day Australia cruise with my sister. Queensland and Northern Territory. A lot of saltwater crocs. Max passengers are 128. Thinking there will be fewer. Airports are not busy.

Back
Top Bottom