10+ BBS Marans = Copper and Birchen

aceschix

Songster
10 Years
Oct 18, 2009
New Hampshire
Paypal payment will allow you to pick your ship date the week of 11/7/2011!

This picture is from Spring 2011 - some are lighter right now due to being at the end of a laying cycle.

I have a Blue Birchen Marans Rooster over Blue, Blue Copper, Blue Splash and Black Copper Marans. Like yummy Dark Chocolate chips
wink.png
I have 100% fertility on these in my Spring hatches.

If you want beautiful dark eggs you have come to the right place. I think the birds are beautiful too
smile.png

43136_marans_eggs.jpg

I hatched all of these birds here over the last 2 years from eggs I got from fellow BYCers (thank you all).

Please note he had a beautifully proportioned 5 point comb prior to his frostbite
smile.png
See the older picture below.

43136_100_0082.jpg

43136_marans_9-2010_1.jpg

Please excuse his comb... it was a moist cold winter here in New England
sad.png

43136_chickens_2-2011_9.jpg

43136_chickens_2-2011_8.jpg

43136_chickens_2-2011_10.jpg

43136_100_0078.jpg

Fertility has been great.

We all know the risks associated with buying shipped eggs. I can be held responsible for them once they leave my hands. I will do my very best and pack them well to protect them from any bumpy rides they may travel. They will be individualy bubble wrapped and pakaged well.

Thank you for looking!

(Disclaimer here to the serious Marans breeders - Bev Davis tells me that my roo is a Blue Marans who is carrying both a silver and a gold gene. Bred with the BCM he should throw Black and Blue Copper Marans, and I hatched one Black Birchen hen. Over the Blue & Splash he should throw Blue/Splash and Blue/Splash birchen, and Blue Copper.) I will be breeding and culling in the coming years to get to straight Blue Birchen) Bev if you see this feel free to correct anything I may have misenterpreted. Thank you!

Edited to add that I have hatched a great variety of colors from this mix - nothing fruity! I have a Black Birchen hen growing out, some great Blue Coppers and Black Coppers. One is going to stay solid blue and I did not get and Blue Birchen. Love the grab bag aspect of these eggs!

Feel free to ask any questions or PM me. Thank you for looking
smile.png

I just sold my Blue Marans hen, and BOY do I miss her dark eggs like the ones in your picture. Darn you aceschix for tempting me to buy more!!!
barnie.gif

I told DH I wouldn't hatch/brood through the winter months. A.) It is still Autumn. B.) He is on a camping trip all weekend with DS, so who's to stop me!?! Mwah ha ha ha!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
frow.gif

Just stopping by to say how well Aces packs her eggs. She sent 13 Marans from NH to PA and 12 of them are developing nicely!
woot.gif
Only one more week and we will see the cuties!
love.gif

I love my Aces Marans--both my girls are laying now!!!! great big dark brown eggs!! I have 3 more Im waiting to lay!!!

Quote:
Yay!! I was wondering how they are doing?
ya.gif

The 3- I hatched from your Lovinstock eggs are going on 4 months old-so in another month or so??
fl.gif
The other two and the lav orp lay everyday for me:)

woot.gif
I have 12 eggs ready to go...not counting what ever is in the nest boxes today!!
ep.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yay!! I was wondering how they are doing?
ya.gif

The 3- I hatched from your Lovinstock eggs are going on 4 months old-so in another month or so??
fl.gif
The other two and the lav orp lay everyday for me:)

Happy to hear that. Those pullets should start any time. Mine started about 1ish week ago - the only one I kept from that batch...the really pretty splash girl
droolin.gif
. Do you have lights on? My lights have been on for about 3 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom