10 month old White Leghorn never laid an egg

I'm searching for answers to this same problem. I have a white leghorn Pullet who is now 10 months old and has never laid an egg. At about 7-8 months old she started to look like she was molting. Now at 10 months her feathers still look very ragged and I've never heard of a hen molting for almost 3 months! She is at the bottom of the pecking order but I've observed her treatment by the other members of the flock and haven't seen any birds pecking her. After all my research I can only assume she has parasites. I wonder if anyone can give me advice on how to treat a hen for parasites?

I'm searching for answers to this same problem. I have a white leghorn Pullet who is now 10 months old and has never laid an egg. At about 7-8 months old she started to look like she was molting. Now at 10 months her feathers still look very ragged and I've never heard of a hen molting for almost 3 months! She is at the bottom of the pecking order but I've observed her treatment by the other members of the flock and haven't seen any birds pecking her. After all my research I can only assume she has parasites. I wonder if anyone can give me advice on how to treat a hen for parasites?

She might not be getting what she needs to produce eggs. Like protein and calcium. Any chance to post some pictures of her?? Just by the way she looks we might be able to tell what's going on.
@Wyorp Rock @azygous @Eggcessive
Time to start your own thread so the community can chime in. Failure to lay eggs can be due to so many things. We can't explore it fully unless you begin a thread on it.

Time to start your own thread so the community can chime in. Failure to lay eggs can be due to so many things. We can't explore it fully unless you begin a thread on it.
@steeders Welcome To BYC

This thread is close to 10years old. I agree, it's time you start a thread describing symptoms that you see, what type of food/treats you feed, housing, any treatments you have given, etc.
Good clear, well-lit photos of your pullet and her poop would also be appreciated.
If you aren't sure what information we need, this FORM will help you out.

Here's how to start a thread👇

1703392217236.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom