10 reasons he may not ask you out again - A Guys Perspective

LOL, I am so not looking forward to the awkwardness of my first date. However, I am usually careful not to do anything mentioned in the article anyways, as it seems just common courtesy.

Now I just have to find a good man!

Forget the article - who would want to date a woman in her early 40's who lives in the city with chickens?????

And the chickens aren't going anywhere.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

or if she offers she's not a gold digger
smile.png
Mods, I'll behave, honestly!

Quote:
Whoever asks, pays. End of story. Since most often, it's the guy that does the asking, most often, it should be the guy doing the paying. Expecting a date to pay, when YOU ASKED THEM, is not the way it's done. And a "token" gesture-silly...
roll.png

I would NEVER have offered to pay for a date, when I was the one being asked out. That's simply not the way dating is supposed to work. By the same token *IF* I asked out a guy, I would pay. It's etiquette.

Is chivalry really *this* dead?

Sorry Kel, this part of it is IMHO. The rest of the article was funny though. Amazing that #2 generated 5 pages of replies.

Quote:
Which is why you are the Recipient of the Biff Twang.

hugs.gif

If the guy asks me, he pays for the first dinner. Once we hit it off and I am sure he's not an axe murderer, I am quick to reciprocrate with cooking him dinner or brownies or some such treat. I have to say that if a guy asked me out and then wanted me to pay for it or go dutch (on the first date), I would likely never go out with him again. I would assume that he was a tightwad and/or a jerk. If I ask him out I am prepared to pay for it all as well.
The next part of this is that when a guy buys me dinner, I offer profuse thanks and follow up with a thank-you note or email. That also is common courtesy.

Again I say, dating stinks. I'm much happier playing with the dogs, cats, chickens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom