10 things not to do when writing a paper

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Q9, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Thought I'd post a non-volatile topic for once. [​IMG]

I plead guilty to several of these. [​IMG] Andrew is a good friend of mine, but I haven't gotten to see him since Memorial Day. [​IMG]

2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    My personal favorite:

The Effects of Procrastination

9 pages with title and page numbers.......

That's all.

3. Q9

Q9 General Headache

You have no idea how many times I've procrastinated, then launched into an explanation of why my paper/project will be terrible. [​IMG] And yet, it never turns out bad.[​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Think #9 is probably the winner. [​IMG]

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I should be taking an exam right now.... but instead, I'm poking around here.... procrastinating. [​IMG]

6. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    I'd be a world class procrastinator.

......If I ever got around to it.

[​IMG]

(just finished my political science papers a whole 3 1/2 hours before they're due... woot! woot! Now back to real work.. sigh.)

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I got to the point where I could churn out a paper the night before while doing multiple things.My better work was always that first(and only) draft. I have been teaching my dd how to write a paper,but sadly the *flow* of thought just is not happening for her. She is finding it to be such a tortue to write a paper.

8. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    I'm NOT procrastinating....I'm reading BYC!

9. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] I'm gasping for breath right now. [​IMG] You picked the right friends, Q9. [​IMG]

I'm guilty of many of those... But #4 is the one I repeat most often. I'll have to show that to other homeschoolers.

But WHY is it always the Andrews who are the goof-offs? [​IMG] I'm not kidding! It's ALWAYS the Andrews. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  10. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:Here's the weird thing - in person, he is the most grounded, common-sense person you'll ever find. Extremely likeable, but you'd never expect insanity like that unless you've known him as a good friend for 5 years. [​IMG]

I confess, I've thought about doing #5 several times. Both writing the essay AND throwing the book. [​IMG] Never thought of doing #10. Hmmm... Maybe I'll do my Jane Eyre book report to the tune of "Dixie."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by