10 things not to do when writing a paper

Q9

General Headache
13 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
Thought I'd post a non-volatile topic for once.
big_smile.png

I plead guilty to several of these.
lol.png
Andrew is a good friend of mine, but I haven't gotten to see him since Memorial Day.
sad.png

You have no idea how many times I've procrastinated, then launched into an explanation of why my paper/project will be terrible.
lau.gif
And yet, it never turns out bad.
hu.gif

I'd be a world class procrastinator.

......If I ever got around to it.

big_smile.png

(just finished my political science papers a whole 3 1/2 hours before they're due... woot! woot! Now back to real work.. sigh.)

I got to the point where I could churn out a paper the night before while doing multiple things.My better work was always that first(and only) draft. I have been teaching my dd how to write a paper,but sadly the *flow* of thought just is not happening for her. She is finding it to be such a tortue to write a paper.

lau.gif
I'm gasping for breath right now.
gig.gif
You picked the right friends, Q9.
old.gif

I'm guilty of many of those... But #4 is the one I repeat most often. I'll have to show that to other homeschoolers.

But WHY is it always the Andrews who are the goof-offs?
hu.gif
I'm not kidding! It's ALWAYS the Andrews.
th.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Here's the weird thing - in person, he is the most grounded, common-sense person you'll ever find. Extremely likeable, but you'd never expect insanity like that unless you've known him as a good friend for 5 years.
lol.png

I confess, I've thought about doing #5 several times. Both writing the essay AND throwing the book.
lol.png
Never thought of doing #10. Hmmm... Maybe I'll do my Jane Eyre book report to the tune of "Dixie."

Back
Top Bottom