10 week old Americauna x Langshan

Wondering if if we have a pullet. I keep going back and forth! She’s very calm and doesn’t challenge other chickens or cockerels. She does like to perch up high and look around.

She’s just over ten weeks old and still has chick down under her wings. She is a cross between an Americauna and a Lamgshan. She looks like an Americauna with feathered legs!View attachment 2720543View attachment 2720542View attachment 2720541View attachment 2720540View attachment 2720544
Pullet. She is so cute

Ah... ok. for some reason I read 'leghorn' before. That's where the feathered legs come from...

And AmerIcana is another, deceptive, name for easter eggers. Was the parent an Ameraucana (note spelling) or an Americana?
I misspelled Ameraucana. She was actually given to me (as a friend for a replacement chick from my order) and was a fun surprise!

The farm she came from is a small operation and reputable, organic, and breed very nice birds. So no deceptive practices :) I might try to find out a little more about her and her Ameraucana/Croad Langshan parents now that she’s staying! Thanks for that tip though, I have heard about some deceptive practices!

I just texted with the farm and sent the same pictures and also asked about the breeding program. She said the verdict is still out on whether Mountain is a pullet or cockerel. She implied that this cutie may be a cockerel so I’m waiting for clarification.

She also said that it was an intentional breeding and that they are working on breeding super kind, mellow, heat tolerant large birds and are really liking their temperaments. I can see why. This bird is so mellow yet confident, large but kind to even the smallest of the bantams.

Back
Top Bottom