10 week old Chochins ~ Cockerels?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nohoka, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Nohoka

Nohoka Out Of The Brooder

I am taking votes on whether these two 10 week old Cochins are Cockerels. I am sure one is a pullet, I have named her Fiona, she is in one of the photos. Her comb and wattles are not developed yet. The other two have combs and wattles that are turning red.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Cocka doodle doo.

3. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    yup they are roos

4. Nohoka

Nohoka Out Of The Brooder

I was afraid of that. I'm going to have a hard time finding Fiona a friend in Nova Scotia. Cochins don't seem to be very popular around here for some reason. They are from the same hatching so I don't want to keep brother and sister as mates. [​IMG]

5. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Quote:Please don't count them out just yet. I had several BYC people tell me the same thing about mine. They said out of 6 of my cochins that I had 5 roosters and 1 hen. But They were wrong I actually had 3 hens and 3 roosters like I thought. Give them more time to mature. It is so hard to tell at this young of stage. We aren't always right on the sexing. I am glad I waited. [​IMG]

6. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    Yep I'd say two roos and a hen but as the other person has said wait until you know for sure, I would never give a bird away until I heard it crow or was 100% sure it was a cockerel as mistakes do happen!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by