10 week old Chochins ~ Cockerels?

Nohoka

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 3, 2009
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
I am taking votes on whether these two 10 week old Cochins are Cockerels. I am sure one is a pullet, I have named her Fiona, she is in one of the photos. Her comb and wattles are not developed yet. The other two have combs and wattles that are turning red.
35939_misc_2_017.jpg

35939_misc_2_020.jpg

35939_misc_2_019.jpg

35939_misc_2_018.jpg

I was afraid of that. I'm going to have a hard time finding Fiona a friend in Nova Scotia. Cochins don't seem to be very popular around here for some reason. They are from the same hatching so I don't want to keep brother and sister as mates.
sad.png

Quote:
Please don't count them out just yet. I had several BYC people tell me the same thing about mine. They said out of 6 of my cochins that I had 5 roosters and 1 hen. But They were wrong I actually had 3 hens and 3 roosters like I thought. Give them more time to mature. It is so hard to tell at this young of stage. We aren't always right on the sexing. I am glad I waited.
wink.png

Yep I'd say two roos and a hen but as the other person has said wait until you know for sure, I would never give a bird away until I heard it crow or was 100% sure it was a cockerel as mistakes do happen!

Back
Top Bottom