10 week old Easter Egger

Shelly221

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
Colorado
I'm a 1st time chicken owner, and am unsure if I am hearing the start of "clucking" or what may become a crow. Is 10 weeks the time they start to clucking? I had 1 chicken that I KNEW was crowing at 9 weeks, there was no doubt. Here is the chick in question. Is s/he a pullet or cockerel do you suppose?
Trio.jpg
20210517_105147.jpg

Looks like a pullet! And if you’re talking about a loud persistent clucking, it’s just a thing some chickens do. My OE makes that noise when she’s frightened or annoyed
The "clucking" is just once in awhile. It's a new sound since only about 3 days (I was worried it was a crow, tho it sounded nothing like a crow). Maybe she's just learning her grown up voice. 😊
I don't know when they start losing the chick cheep.

I'm a 1st time chicken owner, and am unsure if I am hearing the start of "clucking" or what may become a crow. Is 10 weeks the time they start to clucking? I had 1 chicken that I KNEW was crowing at 9 weeks, there was no doubt. Here is the chick in question. Is s/he a pullet or cockerel do you suppose?View attachment 2675242View attachment 2675243
Pullet 4 sure!

Back
Top Bottom