100 Broilers and Fermented Feed Project

Quote: My 3 chicks are a cross of black copper marans and cornishX--- the black and copper leaks thru the dominant white. I've seen this in my white EE bred to a blue Ameraucana. SO this means cornish are dominant white??

Quote: Back down to 10 last night here-- the temps are 20 now and feels warm in the sunshine.
celebrate.gif

Hi I just weighed 10 of 15 broilers I got from McMurrary for you Kuntrygirl Cornish1 10.5 oz, C2 12.0, C3 10.5, C4 11.0, C5 11.0, C6 12.0, C7 10.0, C8 13.0, C9 13.0, C10 14.0, I had one die from a broken leg I accidentily set the waterer on it and they do NOT move! I tried to help but he died yesterday :( These guys mob me everytime I open the brooder they want whatever I give them and they want to be first! And WOW so much poop! I switched protien levels this week to 24% for 1 bag I was hoping that the extra protien would help them to gain a bit more? I had been giving them the 20% chick feed and yougurt with egg yolk everyother day, as well as using broiler booster from McMurray in their water. I have another brooder with the smallest of the Cornish and two Buff's that we are pretty sure are roosters for a total of 7 in that brooder. I know ya'll are doing FF but thought you would like some weights on standard feed to compare with, as well as ask if these weights are about right? As these are my first I'm looking for all the information and suggestions I can get, thanks!
frow.gif

I had a few with the black as well. What does that mean?
idunno.gif
It means they have 1 copy of dominant white. Two copies and they are pure white.

Remember this is my Barred Rock X CX :)

Oh and one of my girls laid a triple yolker and had a heart attack :( So sad about it, she was incredibly healthy this morning and was gone by the time I got home. At least I have some first generation chicks.

It means they have 1 copy of dominant white. Two copies and they are pure white.

Oh and one of my girls laid a triple yolker and had a heart attack :( So sad about it, she was incredibly healthy this morning and was gone by the time I got home. At least I have some first generation chicks.

Oh I am so sorry about this. She was such a champ.
hugs.gif

Sorry about your lost girl, Aoxa.

I'm pretty sure I saw one of your pictures on another site, your chickens are all over the internet :)

Hi I just weighed 10 of 15 broilers I got from McMurrary for you Kuntrygirl Cornish1 10.5 oz, C2 12.0, C3 10.5, C4 11.0, C5 11.0, C6 12.0, C7 10.0, C8 13.0, C9 13.0, C10 14.0, I had one die from a broken leg I accidentily set the waterer on it and they do NOT move! I tried to help but he died yesterday :( These guys mob me everytime I open the brooder they want whatever I give them and they want to be first! And WOW so much poop! I switched protien levels this week to 24% for 1 bag I was hoping that the extra protien would help them to gain a bit more? I had been giving them the 20% chick feed and yougurt with egg yolk everyother day, as well as using broiler booster from McMurray in their water. I have another brooder with the smallest of the Cornish and two Buff's that we are pretty sure are roosters for a total of 7 in that brooder. I know ya'll are doing FF but thought you would like some weights on standard feed to compare with, as well as ask if these weights are about right? As these are my first I'm looking for all the information and suggestions I can get, thanks! :frow

EXCELLENT!!!! Sounds like they are growing, growing, growing. How exciting.
Great job documenting for standard feed comparison. We always enjoy looking at these projects through someone another way of feeding. Keep doing what you are doing and I know they will be just fine !!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the little bitty that didn't make it. Accidents do happen.

Please keep up posted!

I had a few with the black as well. What does that mean? :idunno

I am so so so sorry to hear about your girl that had the heart attack. That is terrible. :hugs

Great info on the colors. Thanks!

Tanks Kuntrygirl, I felt that pat on the back and I need it today! I'll try to weigh again in 2 weeks or so my eggers are all about 5 to 6 oz with the exception of my Delaware a fat 12 oz's! He/She supposed to be hen is almost as big as the Cornish X but he/she is much more laid back, way less intense than the Cornish X.

Back
Top Bottom