100 Broilers and Fermented Feed Project

KG-- how are you doing?? A little worried as you have not posted for so long. Perhaps you are overwhelmed by the big white butterballs . . . . hope all is well. 

Hey there!!!

I'm here. Sorry that I have not updated.

All is well with the broilers. I haven't lost any. They are growing every day but I am so so so so ready to be done with this. It's A LOT of work.

The weather the last few nights has been cold. We had freezing temps last night. I put the tarps up and ran a heat lamp to their pen. I didn't want to take the chance and have them freeze to death. Everyone survived last night, which was good. I was worried. I have icicles hanging from the house.

I will try to post weights as soon as I can.

KG-- how are you doing?? A little worried as you have not posted for so long. Perhaps you are overwhelmed by the big white butterballs . . . . hope all is well. 

x2    I have 50 different breeds . 25 coming end of March and other 25 at end of April.  Not the CX from I'm a total newbie so a big learning experience for me.  :ya

Good luck !!!!!!! :p

Quote: Glad all is well, you know if you fall and hit your head while in their pen you are . . . dinner!

THey are hot little chickens because of the extreme growth rate; though I do think big wings in temps can be difficult. 25 feels like a heat wave to me this year. THe 2 cornishx pullets snuggle into a corner everynight-- but they weight about 10#. Oddly they stand close to the ground and don't appear to be bigger than my other hens, until I pick them up!!

Hey there!!!

I'm here. Sorry that I have not updated.

All is well with the broilers. I haven't lost any. They are growing every day but I am so so so so ready to be done with this. It's A LOT of work.

The weather the last few nights has been cold. We had freezing temps last night. I put the tarps up and ran a heat lamp to their pen. I didn't want to take the chance and have them freeze to death. Everyone survived last night, which was good. I was worried. I have icicles hanging from the house.

I will try to post weights as soon as I can.

I, too, am sick of this weather. Last year spring started 1st part of Feb.
rant.gif

This weather is RIDICULOUS!!

I got my McMurray order this morning, with 4 dead chicks. I'm pretty sure the Cornish X's smothered them to death. I'll ask McMurray in the morning if it's a bad idea to ship standard with the broilers. They are eating the FF, but I keep having to fluff it up with a fork. They stomp it down, then it gets full of shavings, lol.

Excited to hear your weights, Kuntrygurl!

I didn't know what it was to be busy until a week ago.. honestly I have maybe two hours to relax before I am out like a light. I meant to post this picture way before now.

This is the CX cross BR at 5 days old from last week's hatch. It is really big! I did not weigh it.. Should do that, because I know Kuntrygirl likes to see weights ;)

I didn't know what it was to be busy until a week ago.. honestly I have maybe two hours to relax before I am out like a light. I meant to post this picture way before now. This is the CX cross BR at 5 days old from last week's hatch. It is really big! I did not weigh it.. Should do that, because I know Kuntrygirl likes to see weights ;)
I had a few with the black as well. What does that mean? :idunno

This weather is RIDICULOUS!!

I got my McMurray order this morning, with 4 dead chicks. I'm pretty sure the Cornish X's smothered them to death. I'll ask McMurray in the morning if it's a bad idea to ship standard with the broilers. They are eating the FF, but I keep having to fluff it up with a fork. They stomp it down, then it gets full of shavings, lol.

Excited to hear your weights, Kuntrygurl!

I'm so sick and tired of this weather, I could pull my eyeballs out and throw them up against the wall. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom