100 Broilers and Fermented Feed Project

Unless I'm not eating a lot of this broiler meat per meal, I just got started on the breasts today for lunch. I have been enjoying the legs, thighs and wings over the last 2 days. Uh, I think this bird was too much for just me. I'm stuffed and it looks like I still have 2 more meals from the 3+ pounder broiler.
hmm.png
Looks like I will be cooking the 2 lb'ers in the future for me and only cook the 3lb'ers when I have relatives and friends over. Believe it or not, the neck bone has SOOOOOO much meat on it. So, it looks like I can eat off of the 3 pounders for 3 days if I want. Now that I know that, I will have to divide it up (the 3 lb broilers) before freezing. I will cut in half down the middle and freeze so that I can cook it that way, so that I don't have so much left over.
hmm.png

That looks outstanding. I need to bring home a few. What's a few more in the brooder. Does it matter if I put TSC chicks in with my Meyers that are coming tomorrow?
big_smile.png

Unless I'm not eating a lot of this broiler meat per meal, I just got started on the breasts today for lunch. I have been enjoying the legs, thighs and wings over the last 2 days. Uh, I think this bird was too much for just me. I'm stuffed and it looks like I still have 2 more meals from the 3+ pounder broiler. :/ Looks like I will be cooking the 2 lb'ers in the future for me and only cook the 3lb'ers when I have relatives and friends over. Believe it or not, the neck bone has SOOOOOO much meat on it. So, it looks like I can eat off of the 3 pounders for 3 days if I want. Now that I know that, I will have to divide it up (the 3 lb broilers) before freezing. I will cut in half down the middle and freeze so that I can cook it that way, so that I don't have so much left over. :/
That looks outstanding. I need to bring home a few. What's a few more in the brooder. Does it matter if I put TSC chicks in with my Meyers that are coming tomorrow? :D
Thanks. That should be ok . You shouldn't have any problems.

I'm having this same debate with myself but we are stalling til late July then letting nature brood a few batches, but even with what we will be processing this weekend, I think I need more, least 10 lol :th
I'm almost wondering if I should go to TSC this week and pick up 10 more Cornish. I'm not planning on doing another run of Cornish until the beginning of September, so they won't be ready until November. I don't think 16 chickens will last until then.

HMMM!

I think I'm going to go and get some. :oops:

Yum!
Unless I'm not eating a lot of this broiler meat per meal, I just got started on the breasts today for lunch. I have been enjoying the legs, thighs and wings over the last 2 days. Uh, I think this bird was too much for just me. I'm stuffed and it looks like I still have 2 more meals from the 3+ pounder broiler. :/ Looks like I will be cooking the 2 lb'ers in the future for me and only cook the 3lb'ers when I have relatives and friends over. Believe it or not, the neck bone has SOOOOOO much meat on it. So, it looks like I can eat off of the 3 pounders for 3 days if I want. Now that I know that, I will have to divide it up (the 3 lb broilers) before freezing. I will cut in half down the middle and freeze so that I can cook it that way, so that I don't have so much left over. :/

Thanks

Are any of yours close to the weight you want yet?

Ya we will be processing about a few this weekend with a bumper batch we did that are all around 6lbs live to fill some orders. Ones from the same AG order as yours that are between 5 and 8lbs live are getting processed. Most of those are about 6lbs but a couple 8lbs-ers. Then we will wait probably another 1-2 week's for the rest of the lil guys. Many of the ones getting a stay of execution are 3-4lbs still even with feeding them extra and giving them extra room in the coops.
These

Thanks

Are any of yours close to the weight you want yet?[/qu

Ya we will be processing about a few this weekend with a bumper batch we did that are all around 6lbs live to fill some orders. Ones from the same AG order as yours that are between 5 and 8lbs live are getting processed. Most of those are about 6lbs but a couple 8lbs-ers. Then we will wait probably another 1-2 week's for the rest of the lil guys. Many of the ones getting a stay of execution are 3-4lbs still even with feeding them extra and giving them extra room in the coops.
These
Thanks

Are any of yours close to the weight you want yet?[/qu

Good. Sounds like they are at a perfect weight!

I picked up 10 CX from TSC yesterday...big ol' healthy looking chicks! :D They are currently chowing on FF and drinking from their nipple bucket, happy as bugs in a rug....little meat seeds runnin' around.
They are too cute. 10 sounds like a great number. No more 3 digit order for me EVER! I think if I get 10 or a small enough batch, they all won't be fighting for food like the 100 I had.

Back
Top Bottom