100% cockerel? 3 month old GLW

I'm thinking cockerel. It doesn't look like a typical Golden Laced Wyandotte cockerel, though, so I could be wrong.

I'm convinced! Definite rooster.... I don't know what happend over night but the pics I posted originally were from yesterday and here HE is this morning! Please correct me if I'm wrong! Some of the flock and our pup for fun :)

Last edited:
As long as he stays friendly and his crow isn't too off schedule or insanely obnoxious, we will definitely be keeping him. I have kiddoes...he has been around us since he was born... How common is it for them to turn aggressive? I'm really hoping he stays friendly. I've been reading about establishing that you are the flock leader over him to help with this...any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!

As long as he stays friendly and his crow isn't too off schedule or insanely obnoxious, we will definitely be keeping him. I have kiddoes...he has been around us since he was born... How common is it for them to turn aggressive? I'm really hoping he stays friendly. I've been reading about establishing that you are the flock leader over him to help with this...any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!
It really depends on his genetic predisposition. Human aggression is generally heritable. That's why many folks want roosters from me, because I breed for temperament. You can try the flock leader bit, but that only works if the rooster is willing to allow you to be flock leader. From my own experience, I feel that his level of intelligence may have a lot to do with it-stupid roosters are more likely to bite/flog the hand that feeds them. Intelligent roosters seem to know where they rank in the scheme of things, like my Isaac does. And if he's younger than breeding age and the hormones haven't really kicked in, minor transgressions like nipping can usually be "nipped" in the bud by a little "aversion therapy", as long as he's not really inclined to be aggressive anyway. Best of luck with him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom