100% hatch rate on shipped eggs!

Here are some pics of all 14 hatched this week. 10 IB's 1 white, and 3 black shoulder. Even the little weak one has perked up. I had to tape a couple of feet and legs, but nothing major. Still waiting on those Javas. They are internally pipped, so maybe today.

It's really difficult to take a pic of 14 chicks, but I did my best.

They all look great!
clap.gif

You honesty is what crooked people prey on, seen many cons on e-bay, folks selling turkey eggs for pea eggs is just one of them, misrepresenting a color and taking others pea photos to represent their own birds
he.gif
and what can you do if you fall into their web? NOTHING cause them eggs ain't never gonna hatch and they know it, then it is your fault for not incubating them properly or just blame it on the shipping.
There have always been cons out there and now that the population is enormous and the web is here it is only logical that it has become a way of life for may people, hard to take a person to court if they are in another state or even 200 miles away cause by law you have to go to the state or county they reside to file a suit.

X-2!

Dishonest people do not get taken advantage of much, it seems to me that it's people with good souls who get taught life lessons.

I sold eight IB eggs to a fellow over FB, all he wanted was IB and I didn't want any more so I collected him all I could in a ten day period keeping them on an egg turner. He was going on his honeymoon and I was to collect him a dozen during that time period. He said that he buys a lot of different types of eggs and does a lot of hatching. He told me that his prior tries at hatching pea eggs had not produced any chicks in two tries. My IBs quit laying during that time so I only had eight eggs for him. I drove the eggs 45 miles, 90 miles round trip, to meet him half way.

A month later I get a FB message that all the eggs were clear along with a LOT of ranting and raving, he seemed genuine in his disappointment. I offered to give him two chicks and two BS eggs and he declined wanting to vent instead. Two days later he messaged again apologizing for his behavior wanting to take me up on my offer. So again I drive 45 miles to meet him and give him two chicks, the eggs I had already put in the incubator and one is piping as I type.

As a seller you don't know if the buyer is telling the truth anymore than the buyer knows if the seller is giving them good product. It is all in faith, I hope I did him right.

Sorry to continue the off-topic conversation, but ss this what a typical yearling spalding looks like? Just curious, 'cause they look very much like the one I recently acquired.

-Kathy

I think the amount of yellow around the eyes and body structure makes these at least 50% green also there is no definite barring as in IB. I keep these with some IB silver pieds and their body posture is totally different. People that come buy birds from me always ask "what are those". I have had 25% Spaulding before and they were basically tall IB with slight yellow eye liner as adults the black feathers has slight green sheen but if I didn't have a pure IB to compare to I probably would have never noticed. I supposedly have a pure Java in another pen but I might have gotten ripped off unless Javas develop very slowly but "she" was born nearly black and has remained quite dark. She never had the barring you see standard in IB chicks.

Now for some bad news. One of the IB chicks has a slipped tendon. I had thought that it was just splayed, but when I looked at it today the hock is twice the size of the other leg. I have tried unsuccessfully to fix this in chickens. I have read a lot of threads but I don't have a game plan. Can anyone with experience offer advice?

Also, the Java eggs have been internally pipped for over 24 hours. This is day 25 and I was told that Javas hatch sooner than IBs and my IBs have consistently hatched on day 26. At what point should I be concerned. Anyone with Java peafowl hatching experience?

Now for some bad news. One of the IB chicks has a slipped tendon. I had thought that it was just splayed, but when I looked at it today the hock is twice the size of the other leg. I have tried unsuccessfully to fix this in chickens. I have read a lot of threads but I don't have a game plan. Can anyone with experience offer advice?

Also, the Java eggs have been internally pipped for over 24 hours. This is day 25 and I was told that Javas hatch sooner than IBs and my IBs have consistently hatched on day 26. At what point should I be concerned. Anyone with Java peafowl hatching experience?
I was able to fix it once, but the hock was only slightly swollen. Will it stay in place at all?

-Kathy

I was able to fix it once, but the hock was only slightly swollen. Will it stay in place at all?

-Kathy

Honestly I can't tell. It is really swollen, not red and hot but twice the size of the other. I stretched it back and tried to manipulate it, but I really couldn't tell if I was doing any good. The chick is eating and drinking well and scoots around pretty goodl. I also have one that has a crooked middle toe. I put some tape on it but it came off. I will have to devise a better sandal with cardboard tomorrow. That's the only thing bad about having so many. It's hard to keep up with what's going on with them.

X-2!

Dishonest people do not get taken advantage of much, it seems to me that it's people with good souls who get taught life lessons.

I sold eight IB eggs to a fellow over FB, all he wanted was IB and I didn't want any more so I collected him all I could in a ten day period keeping them on an egg turner. He was going on his honeymoon and I was to collect him a dozen during that time period. He said that he buys a lot of different types of eggs and does a lot of hatching. He told me that his prior tries at hatching pea eggs had not produced any chicks in two tries. My IBs quit laying during that time so I only had eight eggs for him. I drove the eggs 45 miles, 90 miles round trip, to meet him half way.

A month later I get a FB message that all the eggs were clear along with a LOT of ranting and raving, he seemed genuine in his disappointment. I offered to give him two chicks and two BS eggs and he declined wanting to vent instead. Two days later he messaged again apologizing for his behavior wanting to take me up on my offer. So again I drive 45 miles to meet him and give him two chicks, the eggs I had already put in the incubator and one is piping as I type.

As a seller you don't know if the buyer is telling the truth anymore than the buyer knows if the seller is giving them good product. It is all in faith, I hope I did him right.

It sounds like you bent over backwards to help him out. Since he was unsuccessful on his previous attempts, it sounds like the problem is with him or his equipment. You went farther than I would have. I have had very good luck with sellers, but I do realize that with eggs you are taking a gamble and you should go into it knowing that there are no guarantees. I truly believe that most sellers are honest.

I only got one this year with big hock, i have almost tried everything but it didn't get any better.

Yes that is what I'm afraid of and culling, especially peas is very hard for me. I will try to get it to go back into place and I will give him a day or two. This is the only part I hate about raising chicks.

Back
Top Bottom