100% hatch rate on shipped eggs!

w
Quote: The oldest one was laid May 15, shipped May 18, arrived May 19 20 (I think) and set 24-36 hours later. Keep in mind that they were also shipped across country.

Glad you have found my posts helpful!

-Kathy

Edited to fix date.

Last edited:
I always date mine and even write down what hen layed them, that is how i kept up with 12 hens free ranging this year
wink.png

I always date mine and even write down what hen layed them, that is how i kept up with 12 hens free ranging this year
wink.png
I started off keeping track of them on a spread sheet, but got lazy, so now I have a few eggs here and there with no idea when they where laid *or* when they're due!
hide.gif

-Kathy

The oldest one was laid May 15, shipped May 18, arrived May 20 (I think) and set 24-36 hours later. Keep in mind that they were also shipped across country.

Glad you have found my posts helpful!

-Kathy

Kathy, they arrived in 24 hrs. I remember because I was amazed they could get from PA to CA in 24 hrs., but could not get from PA to KS in less than 3 days.
smile.png

Okay, i'm not saying anyone here would do this, but what's to stop an egg seller from marking their eggs with a false date or selling eggs that they know aren't fertile?

-Kathy

Okay, i'm not saying anyone here would do this, but what's to stop an egg seller from marking their eggs with a false date or selling eggs that they know aren't fertile?

-Kathy

Nothing but their conscience. I know how disappointed I feel when eggs don't hatch, so I could never intentionally do that to another person. I had 2 hens lay clears this year and as soon as I realized it, I quit including those eggs in packages I shipped, I did however stick them in my bator, and 1 laid all clears the other started laying fertile eggs after about 5 or 6 clears.

Kathy, they arrived in 24 hrs. I remember because I was amazed they could get from PA to CA in 24 hrs., but could not get from PA to KS in less than 3 days.  :)

How did you do it? I have paid for expedited shipping and USPS still managed 3 days. Priority arrived sooner. Only thing I have ever received in 24 hrs was a pair of blue and white splotchy turkeys (pied peafowl) according to my postmaster.

How did you do it? I have paid for expedited shipping and USPS still managed 3 days. Priority arrived sooner. Only thing I have ever received in 24 hrs was a pair of blue and white splotchy turkeys (pied peafowl) according to my postmaster.

No Idea!
gig.gif
I shipped them priority express with hold for pick up and they left on the 19th and arrived on the 20th. Sent the same package to 2 different addresses in KS and it took 2 & 3 days, and that is closer to PA.
idunno.gif
The USPS works in mysterious ways.

Oh, sorry, yes, I knew they arrived in one day. My bad. Did you ship them on the 18th? I can't remember and for some reason I can't find the pictures I took at the PO.

-Kathy

Just looked it up, I shipped them on the 19th and they arrived on the 20th.

Back
Top Bottom