100% New to chickens. What kind do I have?

TheGreenChickens

Hatching
Apr 29, 2020
So on April 1st, my mom and I bought 6 chicks from our local tractor supply. We have been talking about chickens for a while, and trying to just become a little more self sustainable as best as we can. I know the black one is a silkie. But the rest.... I have no idea.
Also, is it too early to tell hens from roosters? I'm thinking the white one is a rooster?
I thought that the lady said the black and white reverse tuxedo looking one was a polish but I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to poof, and at 4 weeks others seem to poof? Any guesses?
20200429_214150.jpg
20200429_213410.jpg
20200429_213422.jpg
20200429_213541.jpg
20200429_214042.jpg
20200429_214046.jpg

The gold and black ones look like Golden Sebrights. Does the orange/black one have feathered feet? It looks like a Mille Fleur Bantam (if it has feathered feet, then it might be a D'uccle). The white one looks like a male, and Silkies are harder to tell, but the rest look like girls.

The gold and black ones look like Golden Sebrights. Does the orange/black one have feathered feet? It looks like a Mille Fleur Bantam (if it has feathered feet, then it might be a D'uccle). The white one looks like a male, and Silkies are harder to tell, but the rest look like girls.
The only ones with feathered feet are the black silkie and the reverse tuxedo white and black one. I will look in to golden sebright. Thank you!

Are they bantams? I'm terrible at breeds. That black and white one is not a polish, I know that. The only male I see from those pics is the white one.
They came out of the bantam tub of chicks. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not going to lie. Disappointed that "tux" isn't actually a polish. However I cant figure out what he is. I spent an hour scrolling through chicken breeds last night 😂😂😂

The only ones with feathered feet are the black silkie and the reverse tuxedo white and black one.

The black and white one might be a cochin--they have feathered feet, single combs, no crest, and come in many different colors. I'm guessing the color is "Mottled" (supposed to be black with white dots, but can look strange as chicks when the feathers are growing in.)

Back
Top Bottom