100 Pictures of my Flock: 2013 Edition

A young lady named She Who Sleeps Standing Up has been nesting all morning, with Amy serving as the cutest little bouncer to her chosen nest spot. (And if 47. the cutest hennies hadn't already been checked, you bet this next picture would have done it! I guess it could count as a candidate for 98. the cutest stink-eye... )

"Your name's not on the list."

She then abandoned her post in a dramatic way, giving me a good shot for 90. wings out:

Flying's thirsty work... (Again, if only I still had 47.!)

A little later, Cressida decided to come down out of the rafters after a long, hard look around. She did a pretty decent job of 30. 'flying' on her way down, too!

And finally, our first candidate for 97. the stinkiest stink-eye is Maggie, who did not want her picture taken this morning while she and Chickie were resting on the perches.

A young lady named She Who Sleeps Standing Up has been nesting all morning, with Amy serving as the cutest little bouncer to her chosen nest spot. (And if 47. the cutest hennies hadn't already been checked, you bet this next picture would have done it! I guess it could count as a candidate for 98. the cutest stink-eye... )
"Your name's not on the list."

She then abandoned her post in a dramatic way, giving me a good shot for 90. wings out:

Flying's thirsty work... (Again, if only I still had 47.!)

A little later, Cressida decided to come down out of the rafters after a long, hard look around. She did a pretty decent job of 30. 'flying' on her way down, too!

And finally, our first candidate for 97. the stinkiest stink-eye is Maggie, who did not want her picture taken this morning while she and Chickie were resting on the perches.
thumbsup.gif

It was such a nice day that I decided to give the girls their 12. first free-range of the year!

So they enjoyed scratching through dead leaves...

...Eating any scrap of greenery to be found...

...Poking around the old gardens...

...And digging under the nearest pine tree.

Mako was looking radiant!

Cuter Scooter was looking for safety under the barren branches of the forsythia bush.

Merlin was feeling unnerved by me following her around.

...And then my camera died. :/ Which I suppose was alright because it soon got cloudy and the hennies spent much of their time huddled under the bare bushes around the property.

Alright, y'all, classes start on Monday for me! Expect a big dip in activity until around May 8, when I'm out of school for the summer!

Back
Top Bottom