11 week old EE Pullet?

twinmama

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
Illinois
I got 2 EE (sold as Ameracauna) pullets, but one quickly showed himself to be a cockerel and was even crowing at 5 weeks. This one looks and acts totally different, and I've been sure she's a pullet for the whole 11 weeks. Today I'm 2nd guessing. I just noticed that her black tail feathers have a green sheen to them (no idea if this means anything, which is why I'm asking
idunno.gif
). Her feathers are all very fatly rounded, but the black coloring in the center of each golden feather is sharply pointed, so they may look like pointed feathers in the pics, but they're definitely not. Anyway, please help me confirm gender on this one. I have to limit my flock size, can't keep a rooster, and really, really, really am looking forward to a new color in the egg basket! Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you both. I've believed pullet based on both coloring and the smaller, pale single row of peas in the comb, but the tail worried me today. I'm hoping to get blue eggs from this one. My name is Robyn, so blue eggs kind of fit for me
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom