11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am planning on setting around 16-20 chicken eggs all crosses with an Easter egger because that is my main rooster and my only rooster ☺ on Saturday and I am very excited to be apart of this journey! This is my very first time incubating eggs although I have had had a momma hatch out some eggs before but this is my first time artificially hatching (if those are the right words🙃)...
These eggs are all for friends and I am not planning on keeping any. I hope to have everything go as plan and if I need any help/ have any questions I know that I have a safe place here to ask. 😁

I have Satinettes, Classic Old Frills. I have 22 now, with 4 more in the works, including the one now in the incubator.

View attachment 2054203View attachment 2054204

I've always wanted to hatch geese, but never had any desire to own any! :gig
So these eggs belong to a friend, I'm just hatching them for her. Works for me!

I'm also hatching geese for a friend! They're going to be very tempting though when they hatch lol. I love my geese but they're both boys.

Not sure which thread I had mentioned that my Olive Egger rooster wasn’t fertilizing any eggs. But once I put in his rival in the pen next door I am seeing a lot more mounting action. I checked if the eggs were fertilized and they were. That’s why this whole week I have been collecting OE eggs to hatch for this HAL. So far from Monday to now I have 6 eggs from 3 OE hens. Clearly they don’t all lay daily.

Not sure which thread I had mentioned that my Olive Egger rooster wasn’t fertilizing any eggs. But once I put in his rival in the pen next door I am seeing a lot more mounting action. I checked if the eggs were fertilized and they were. That’s why this whole week I have been collecting OE eggs to hatch for this HAL. So far from Monday to now I have 6 eggs from 3 OE hens. Clearly they don’t all lay daily.
It could have also been because of winter. Rooster will mate less due to less hours of light

How old a bird is he maybe he is not number one so started slow

He’s a year old now. But my 6 month old roo fertilized some and not him. He wasn’t number one at the beginning but then he grew larger than my leghorn and became the boss, but I guess the leghorn was still sneaking off with the girls. He had been the boss for a while by the time I collected the fertilized eggs for my first batch.

My kids and I are planning to hatch some chicken eggs, but I still need to order them and they will probably be here the week of the 23rd. So probably won't hatch before Easter, but shortly after. My daughter will be hatching Silkies, My son is hatching Appenzellars, and I will be hatching Bielefelders and Sapphire Gems. This will be our 3rd time hatching....still trying to learn tips and tricks to get better hatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom