11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hello! I have a question. I ordered shipped eggs for the EHAL. Unfortunately, they shipped early and are expected to arrive today (I was expecting them next Tuesday) . I plan to let them set, but what is the earliest date I can start incubating them and still be eligible for the EHAL contests?
For Chickens, they would be too early. For Ducks, perfect time to set them!

This only applies to the hatching contests that are related to eggs set

We'll be hatching chickens!

We've been doing a live webcast of our hatch since 2008, we call it Chickam. Our hatch is planned for April 11th. You can watch the Chickam hatch on YouTube, with chat, then the following 8 weeks of the chicks' lives--the camera will run 24/7--here: Chickam!

We also have a Twitter for Chickam updates, here--when the hatch begins, we'll tweet: https://twitter.com/home

We use a Reptipro incubator for the hatch, we start the YouTube channel when the first egg starts to unzip. We'll be hatching a mixed batch of bantams and standard size, all kinds of different breeds and breed mixes (we love our mutts!). If we have a large broody hen available to mother the chicks after the hatch we'll recruit her to raise the chicks, otherwise it'll just be the chicks in the brooder box. Either way, it's a hoot to watch and we invite everyone to join us! :D

We'll be hatching chickens!

We've been doing a live webcast of our hatch since 2008, we call it Chickam. Our hatch is planned for April 11th. You can watch the Chickam hatch on YouTube, with chat, then the following 8 weeks of the chicks' lives--the camera will run 24/7--here: Chickam!

We also have a Twitter for Chickam updates, here--when the hatch begins, we'll tweet: https://twitter.com/home

We use a Reptipro incubator for the hatch, we start the YouTube channel when the first egg starts to unzip. We'll be hatching a mixed batch of bantams and standard size, all kinds of different breeds and breed mixes (we love our mutts!). If we have a large broody hen available to mother the chicks after the hatch we'll recruit her to raise the chicks, otherwise it'll just be the chicks in the brooder box. Either way, it's a hoot to watch and we invite everyone to join us! :D
welcome20.gif
That is awesome!

Believe me, I'm with you on this. If my chickens give me a dirty egg it goes in a separate basket that I cook and give back to the chickens. It never even makes it to my fridge, lol! The waterfowl eggs I have to take what is given to me from the breeders....well, there's lots of accepting of dirt involved with those eggs. :lau

Hearts and smiley faces help me to cope. View attachment 2047099

View attachment 2047096
Ended up setting a few dirty eggs my girl has been laying in a hole she dug herself that had gotten some rain and was kind of muddy. They decided, perfect spot! 😂 so, I'll be borrowing your hearts and smileys idea. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom