11th Annual Easter Hatch a Long 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
If I take the turner out I'll probably have room for about 8 more. I have to be careful though because I have shipped eggs coming sometime in April. Maybe I'll have to buy a 3rd bator after all 😂

Since my friend surprised me with some awesome eggs yesterday I immediately filled the incubator I was keeping empty for the Easter hatch-a-long. Lol! There's a more than slight possibility that I'll end up with way more eggs than I can fit in the now 4 incubators I'm running. :lau

I have a few slots scattered throughout the incubators, all with different hatch dates. OR! I could borrow back the incubator I just sold and haven't even taken to my friend's house yet. LOL! No...I wouldn't do that...I don't think.

I set 8 cayuga eggs on the 13th - they were shipped too so I didn't want to make them wait longer. I was getting close to them being 7 days old and the air cells are wonky.

If they dont count, I'll stagger some chicken eggs in my already too full second bator on the 21st 😂.
I'd love to add some cayugas, but the eggs are hard to find around here. Did you buy them from a source you can share or they're from your flock?

I set 8 cayuga eggs on the 13th - they were shipped too so I didn't want to make them wait longer. I was getting close to them being 7 days old and the air cells are wonky.

If they dont count, I'll stagger some chicken eggs in my already too full second bator on the 21st 😂.

I am in the same spot. The one time that I ordered shipped eggs and they arrived earlier than I expected. One incubator is hatching, the other has batch 2 in it. The air cells look pretty good for shipped eggs, though. They are in a cool spot and I am turning them 4 times a day. I was wondering how long I can wait to set them. I've read several different suggestions, everything from 24-48 hours up to people who have waited two weeks.

I have 11 eggs hatching on the 22nd so I should have room for 11 more then 😁 I'll add more chicken eggs I think.

You just gave me an idea! I've been eyeing those Celadon quail eggs and they don't take as long to hatch! I have chicks hatching on the 23rd and then I could set quail eggs for Easter! Hehehe

I have 11 eggs hatching on the 22nd so I should have room for 11 more then 😁 I'll add more chicken eggs I think.
I couldn't wait any longer to set more eggs, so mine wont hatch until 3/31 :barnie curse this addiction!

If I can sell enough chicks to pay for the nurture right 360 my husband might not mind so much if I buy it 🤔🤫

I couldn't wait any longer to set more eggs, so mine wont hatch until 3/31 :barnie curse this addiction!

If I can sell enough chicks to pay for the nurture right 360 my husband might not mind so much if I buy it 🤔🤫

I purchased all of my incubators last year with the money I made from selling chicks. It's definitely possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom